In SR3, Shitface's Weapon Re-Balance Mod removes these upgrades. I think they either should be removed in this mod too or be made optional (those are already part of an existing mod, anyway). Those upgrades make the player too overpowered (which is probably one of the reasons why there were removed in SR4).

It is optional. You could easily remove those lines of code from unlockables.xtbl, or don't select them in the phone menu if you don't want. Up to you.

On the whole though, Fan of Saints and Shitface have come up with the goods again. Well done guys, and I'm glad to contribute in a small way. Thing is, this is only version 1 so can't wait for what's in V2!

ATTENTION! I saved the game with my mod installed and after loading the save something weird happened to my upgrades... I guess I hit the limit. Before I fix it copy my "No SRTT Upgrades" patch or at least don't save the game. Fuck... I didn't backup my save. :eek:

ATTENTION! I saved the game with my mod installed and after loading the save something weird happened to my upgrades... I guess I hit the limit. Before I fix it copy my "No SRTT Upgrades" patch or at least don't save the game. Fuck... I didn't backup my save. :eek:
I have ur saves :p

i already got most of my dlc weapons. would it hurt anything if i added this mod? since it sounds like it effects dlc weapons not being free. thanks

i already got most of my dlc weapons. would it hurt anything if i added this mod? since it sounds like it effects dlc weapons not being free. thanks

If the weapons are already in your weapons cache nothing will change. This mod simply makes it so the DLC weapons and powers must be bought when playing a new game, instead of appearing in your inventory for free.

I've also uploaded an update (get it from the OP) which removes the SRTT upgrades, but adds upgrades for the marauder weapon so it doesn't suck as much anymore. You should also be warned that the fear gun can sometimes cause strange vehicle physics and (rarely) crash the game, due to a bug in the simulation. So, watch out for that.

Last edited:
It is optional. You could easily remove those lines of code from unlockables.xtbl, or don't select them in the phone menu if you don't want. Up to you.
By optional, I mean it should be a separate download, and not affect the game at all if not installed. They aren't weren't really optional because of bugs like these:

In the version before the SRTT upgrades were removed, I experienced issues where upgrades that I haven't checked yet get checked, upgrades that shouldn't appear in the list are appearing (pre-requisites aren't checked yet). Are these symptoms of that bug, or is this something else?

V1.1 is here! Here's changelog:
  • Removed ToxicGTE's SR:TT Upgrades as they exceed the limit.
Thank you!

Last edited:
By optional, I mean it should be a separate download, and not affect the game at all if not installed. They aren't weren't really optional because of bugs like these:

In the version before the SRTT upgrades were removed, I experienced issues where upgrades that I haven't checked yet get checked, upgrades that shouldn't appear in the list are appearing (pre-requisites aren't checked yet). Are these symptoms of that bug, or is this something else?
Yes, they are. Anyway, it's not because of these upgrades. I've just hit the limit of 'unlockables.xtbl'...

Back