Man, you're awesome. Its thanks to people like you why modding in games is such a big deal and a totally awesome feature.

MANY THANKS! :D
No problem. It ain't that hard to merge files, you just have to mess around with WinMerge a bit. ;)

No problem. It ain't that hard to merge files, you just have to mess around with WinMerge a bit. ;)

Uhm, hello. I'm afraid I have a problem. I installed the Expanded Arsenal mod, but I didn't have time for testing (work and all that). Today I finally did, and when I start playing, my graphics are messed up. It is like everything in the city is blocky, kinda like the meshes are missing their textures, or the meshes themselves are very low poly. This happens whenever I use the original tweak table of the mod, or the one you tweaked for me.

Uninstalling the mod solves the problem. Do you have any idea about what might be happening?

Uhm, hello. I'm afraid I have a problem. I installed the Expanded Arsenal mod, but I didn't have time for testing (work and all that). Today I finally did, and when I start playing, my graphics are messed up. It is like everything in the city is blocky, kinda like the meshes are missing their textures, or the meshes themselves are very low poly. This happens whenever I use the original tweak table of the mod, or the one you tweaked for me.

Uninstalling the mod solves the problem. Do you have any idea about what might be happening?
Are you using any mods which modify textures/models? This issue happens if you have several mods which use the same ASM_PC file and you won't update it properly.
...Also, you have Steam version of Saints Row IV, right?

Yes, I am. Actually refreshing the game cache has saved me when I need to uninstall mods for testing. About my installed mods, I'm using some that modify textures, but nothing that would colide, I think. I have the shini SR4 clothing, Three count top variation, nude textures, and the only thing that comes to mind about the city are the SR3 style billboards.

and the only thing that comes to mind about the city are the SR3 style billboards.
Yup, that's the one which conflicts. Well, if you want to use it along with Expanded Arsenal Mod, I'd recommend you to download Minimaul's SR IV tools, extract them anywhere and just launch 'ThomasJepp.SaintsRow.Stream2Update.exe' app - it should detect your game location automatically and update all ASM_PC files for you. It might ask you which game you want it to update if you own GOOH as well - then you just press 1 and let it do its job. ;)

Thanks! I'll try it. So, I just run the tool, it will detect my game and do it automatically, right?

Why do both mods conflict? I didn't know this one changes textures in the city. Or does it have to do with weapon skins?

EDIT: Oh, I noticed both mods use a streamgrid file. I guess that's where the problem comes from. What file should I have in my folder before running the tool, the one this mod provides, or the one from the billboards mod?

Last edited:
So, I just run the tool, it will detect my game and do it automatically, right?
Yup.
Why do both mods conflict? I didn't know this one changes textures in the city. Or does it have to do with weapon skins?
That's because I changed some stuff in several missions to make them work properly with the mod and they require 'stream_grid.asm_pc' file - it's also used by city textures, actually.

I have a problem with this mod. I tried to launch the game after installing this mod but it takes me back to the desktop and closes the game as soon as I reach the screen before the main menu. How do I fix this?

I have a problem with this mod. I tried to launch the game after installing this mod but it takes me back to the desktop and closes the game as soon as I reach the screen before the main menu. How do I fix this?
Do you have Steam version of the game?

Back