SR3 Save Editor C

I'm trying to use this in combination with the Lord_Freezer's "Bloodsucker DLC complete fix" but I'm having a problem. If I run it on an existing save, which was made before I bought all the DLC and I'm at respect level 29, all the Upgrades show up and save properly with the editor. However, once I make a new save, those entries show up with just a question mark. This wouldn't be a problem, and I assume it has to do with the changes the mod makes, as I can just look up the meaning of those rows from a pre-modded save. Unfortunately, all rows with question marks cannot be saved and existing unlocks on those rows are lost after I save in the editor.

I believe I can make the changes to the availability of the upgrades in the pre-modded save to allow me to use Lord_Freezer's mod as intended. However, does this mean that I'll never be able to use the save editor down the line to make other changes without it losing me the modded upgrades?

I've attached a screenshot to demonstrate the issue just in case this is unexpected:
* I don't have 10 posts so I can't include the image directly, perhaps a mod can edit it in please: i.imgur.com*forwardslash*t3t33.jpg

Also please note that this was a little hard to search for, but I did look through all pages of the thread for "mark" (question mark) and "mod" (of which there were many!) and could not find others discussing this issue.

Thank you!

Edit: Ultimately, I decided I didn't mind the Bloodsucker DLC so I'm just playing it without the mod so therefore can use Save Editor C without issue. Nevertheless, I figure it's good to have this information here since others may run into the same. Thanks again.

How do I use this? I downloaded it and then I open the RAR file and I have 4 maps. Most of the files in there are 'CLASS' files. How to make use of this? Is there an installer, or do I need to put these files in a specific place or can I somehow just start up the programm.

Sorry if this is stupid but I really don't know.

It's not a rar file, and you are not supposed to open it and extract any files. It's a jar file, and opens with the java runtime. You need java installed which is linked in the OP.

Hey, i've noticed that if i get upgrades (changing or not to rep level 50), either by making them available and then buying them or buy clicking on both boxes on the upgrades i want, it makes my game to randomly freeze. It's between the normal upgrades like damage, health, combat, etc. Not the DLC ones, nothing, common level required and buyable upgrades. Tried with all, or none but the ones from damage to get invul. and either way it freezes. If i don't edit anything but money the game works just fine =/

Well, nothing else, thought i should share this. Loved the editor though, if this could get fixed somehow it'd be just perfect :p

Hey, i've noticed that if i get upgrades (changing or not to rep level 50), either by making them available and then buying them or buy clicking on both boxes on the upgrades i want, it makes my game to randomly freeze. It's between the normal upgrades like damage, health, combat, etc. Not the DLC ones, nothing, common level required and buyable upgrades. Tried with all, or none but the ones from damage to get invul. and either way it freezes. If i don't edit anything but money the game works just fine =/

Well, nothing else, thought i should share this. Loved the editor though, if this could get fixed somehow it'd be just perfect :p

That worked just fine for me when I've changed those with no lockups. Before doing any kind of troubleshooting, you are running the Steam version of SRTT, right?

Hey, I'm someone else who has been having the issue with having bought the game with all of the dlc from Steam, and I want disable them. I have Lord Freezer's fix for the bloodsucker pack and that is working great.

I wanted to try to use this tool to get rid of some of the other extra content, like all of the clothing items because they clog up all of the stores and I'm finding that to be pretty annoying. Except when I try to remove the perks associated with any of the dlc using the save file editor, as soon as I load the save file again I get the pop up message saying, "New dlc content is available," for each pack, and everything is unlocked again. Is there any way around this?

Finally, a solution to my dilemma. Now I'm able to run the tool in my win 7.

... snip ...

As for the other thing, about the Player tab GUI, seems Corrodias is busy doing something else, but kind enough to also release the source code. So, after a java dev crash course, I mod the source to be:
  • Player tab: More consistent between Windows & Linux
  • Player tab: don't exceed the vertical res of a 1024x768 display
  • Main Window: respect screen resolution for 1024x768 display or lower, fix it to 1024x768 for higher res
I've attached some shots of the original and the modded Player tab, on both Win and Linux to see the difference.

I'm glad you figured out a way. Alternately, if you install both versions of Java, you can also run a specific version from the command line from where they install, like for 6 it would default to "C:\program files\java\jre6\bin\java.exe".

I think i really like those UI changes. Nice job. I'd love to get the source so i can incorporate them into my version, if you'd like to share. Otherwise i may try to reproduce them on my own for the next version. I don't know why the text fields default to being so tall in Linux. "Write once run anywhere" indeed.

And yes, after the editor was stable and questions died down, i went off to play other games. I'm going to be active for a couple of days, adding a few things for another release. You probably won't see this reply within that time, though. Oh, well.

I'm trying to use this in combination with the Lord_Freezer's "Bloodsucker DLC complete fix" but I'm having a problem. If I run it on an existing save, which was made before I bought all the DLC and I'm at respect level 29, all the Upgrades show up and save properly with the editor. However, once I make a new save, those entries show up with just a question mark.

That's interesting. I don't know how Lord_Freezer's mod works, as i haven't seen it. A question mark is displayed when... this is a little complicated.

In the save file, upgrades are stored as a hash of the name and a status. The hash is just a number, which is the name of the upgrade run through a hashing algorithm. What we do is run all of the known upgrades through that algorithm and remember what the hashes are. Then when we look at the upgrade list in the save file, we look up the name of the upgrade by the hash. If Lord_Freezer's mod is altering the names of the upgrades, i could see this happening. However, editing and saving them should still work.

I wanted to try to use this tool to get rid of some of the other extra content, like all of the clothing items because they clog up all of the stores and I'm finding that to be pretty annoying. Except when I try to remove the perks associated with any of the dlc using the save file editor, as soon as I load the save file again I get the pop up message saying, "New dlc content is available," for each pack, and everything is unlocked again. Is there any way around this?

No way that i know of. The game checks on the status of all the DLC every time you load a game. It is unlikely that we'll ever implement editing the store menus, because that would be a really large amount of work for little payoff, if it's even possible.

Version 2.2 uploaded:

· Added a Homies tab to edit which homies are unlocked. Also fixes the bug where a homie is permanently busy. Just load and save the file.

· Added an automatic fix for the SR3 bug that prevents co-op client saves from using Mission Replay. Just load and save the file.

· Added importing and exporting player appearance. Only includes body and clothes; does not include voice and taunts. This means you can finally have a sex mismatch in your voice, hooray.

· Added a New Game + button. This resets missions, activities, properties & stores, and cribs. It doesn't reset upgrades, collectibles, money, respect, or garage vehicles. Use this at your own risk. This is a big feature, and i cannot test it completely myself. ALWAYS back up your saves before editing. As far as i can tell, upgraded weapons don't break missions 2 and 3 like we thought they did, so maybe that has been fixed somehow, or maybe i didn't test it right. Be aware that they might prevent you from breaking the plane window and from buying ammo in those missions.

If NG+ screws up missions 2 and 3, let me know, and i can make it automatically remove the upgrades that cause the problems.

Back