STAG: Back in Action

Since stag is replacing the aliens, Maybe it would be a nice touch to replace the zin police with the sr3 styled models.

I think they might still be in the game files.

Since stag is replacing the aliens, Maybe it would be a nice touch to replace the zin police with the sr3 styled models.

I think they might still be in the game files.
I actually have the officers using the SR3 model, but they're still using the SR4 cars. I'm not sure why I only half assed it. o_O

Does this mean that you will replace the zin police's car and motorcycle with that of sr3?
The motorcycle appears to be the same, the car is a doable change if I can get around to it. With the game currently broken I'm trying not to develop anything tooooo thoroughly.

I think I figured out why the Stag Rifle doesn't work in SR4.
I unpacked the SR3 stag rifle high.str2_pc removed the xml file (as the SR4 weapon str2_pc files does not have an xml file). and renamed the internal parts to the same as the Alien rifle default skin (renamed all files in the folder and renamed the folder) then used the SR4 tool to create a LaserRifle_high.str2_pc and placed that in my SR4 folder.

I started the SR4 went to Friendly fire (my alien rifle was set to the Saints purple skin). I Changed the skin and it did not show up in Friendly fire, but it did put it in my rifle slot. I then went into the game and it was back to the default alien skin. After changing the skin at FF I picked up a different rifle from one of the cops (the triburst one) and then went to a portal to try and change back to the alien rifle. At that point my game would lock (the mouse would move around but when I clicked on esc it would not leave). So I killed the game via task manager and deleted the file....

I'm guessing the The problem is this:
In SR3 all 4 versions of a weapon (changed shape and skin) are in a single str2_pc pack file.
And inside that pack file are the same 3 file types that are used in SR4.
The *.cpeg_pc, the *.gpeg_pc, and the *.matlib_pc (each upgrade calls on a different section of those same 3 files).

In SR4 each skin/mesh has its own *.str2_pc file (LaserRifle_high.str2_pc is the regular, laserrifle_purp.str2_pc is the purple skin, and laserrifle_gold.str2_pc is the gold skin).

Probably the only way to get the Stag weapon from SR3 over to SR4 will be after the SDK hits and the matlib/gpeg/cpeg can be modified (stripped down to a single version of a weapon).

You could probably get any of the none changing weapons from SR3 to work in SR4 though.
Things like the DLC Grenade Launcher, The Togo Rifle, and probably any of the others that only have a single design.

At the same time the Grenade launcher (and the Satchel Charge) would not have the "manual detonate" option as grenades are not in SR4....

Okay after countless hours of jumping, gliding, sniping, and telekinesis I have managed to capture and save a specter. But it has some serious problems. When going into flight mode the wings shoot straight up through the seat and look like a needle. Also while in flight mode the gun seems to aim straight at your character I can't tell if it is a graphical problem as well as hit detection problem, hard as hell to hit stuff with that gun while in flight mode. Hover mode seems to have no problems that I'm aware of. I will update if other problems exist after messing with it for more than a couple of minutes.

FYI I created this profile just so I could report this thanks for this mod STAG is so much better over aliens. Just wondering if you will ever implement the Condor.

Okay after countless hours of jumping, gliding, sniping, and telekinesis I have managed to capture and save a specter. But it has some serious problems. When going into flight mode the wings shoot straight up through the seat and look like a needle. Also while in flight mode the gun seems to aim straight at your character I can't tell if it is a graphical problem as well as hit detection problem, hard as hell to hit stuff with that gun while in flight mode. Hover mode seems to have no problems that I'm aware of. I will update if other problems exist after messing with it for more than a couple of minutes.
o_O weird... I... can try and look into this more.

FYI I created this profile just so I could report this thanks for this mod STAG is so much better over aliens. Just wondering if you will ever implement the Condor.
Specter is known to have broken animations in SR4. And Condor isn't present in SR4 in any form. We can't add entirely new vehicles or fix broken ones at the moment.

Okay first image is Specter in Hover Mode
2013-09-05_00003_zpsba121e56.jpg

Second is Flight Mode
2013-09-05_00004_zpsaabea6b7.jpg

The gun goes straight into the Specter and will start firing backwards around a 45 degree angle. The part floating behind my character seems to be the wings for the back of part of the Specter. The orange part in front of me looks to be the what used to be the head of the bike.

Since it has been said fixing this is a little impossible at the moment it is a good thing it is hard as hell to get.

I suppose I should remove the Specter from the mod for now... I hadn't even realized this was a bug, my apologies to everyone experiencing this.

Back