The final Saints Row game?

I like fl1ppy too, but what the heck do his comparisons have to do with this thread's topic?

Reasons why an SR6 should be a backs to roots game. Guess the thread has kinda moved into sequel ideas lol!

Also if an SR5 was in space it should make fun of all those Horror sequels in space.

I believe you are overthinking this Stuff too much. I mean nobody expected Aliens or Superpowers from Saints Row. So who knows what Stuff Volition comes up with in a new Saints Row game. Especially with the Next Gen Consoles giving Volition more Freedom. I just don't think that "back to the Roots" wich seems almost like a Reflex Answer to anything is as exciting as you think. I mean yes when you Launch up the Game and find out that you are back fighting Street Gangs with normal Weapons and Vehicles the Nostalgia kicks in. But it will wear of quickly and then you are wondering why you where so excited about doing something you have done in so many other Games already. I can understand if you are missing Features like layered Clothing but the whole semi realistic Gangster Theme is overrated imo.

I think however a Saints Row in Space would be neat. I actually have a funny Idea for it:
After the Saints defeat Zyniak they get contacted by other friendly Aliens who are so impressed by them beeing able to do that, that they ask the Saints for help. The Reason for that is that on the Home Planet of these said Aliens there is a Problem with Criminal Alien Gangs that have taken over their Major City. And since the Saints are experienced in fighting Gangs aswell as Aliens they are the obvious Choice. And of course to aid them Aliens give the Saints real Superpowers because they can. So in this way we could have everything. There where Gangs again and you could bring alot of the Gangster Stuff back however in a twistel interessting Alien Kind of Way. And on top of that the Superpowers would also be there. And Volition could make more Interessting Places (wich seems to be Idolninjas biggest gripe with the last two Games) in an Alien City then in a normal Earth City.

Back when SRTT was first announced and we had zero info on it, I used to have crazy vivid dreams of it taking place in a cyberpunk meets retro future style city with lots of old cobbled together tech, flying cars, etc; almost like a Blade Runner, Neuromancer, Flash Gordon hodge podge. I also thought it might bridge the gap between the Saints Row and Red Faction stories.

Man, I haven't thought about that in years. :)

Back when SRTT was first announced and we had zero info on it, I used to have crazy vivid dreams of it taking place in a cyberpunk meets retro future style city with lots of old cobbled together tech, flying cars, etc; almost like a Blade Runner, Neuromancer, Flash Gordon hodge podge. I also thought it might bridge the gap between the Saints Row and Red Faction stories.

Man, I haven't thought about that in years. :)

That is exactly what i was talking about. But well i guess only Time will tell what will come out of the twisted Minds of Volition next :D

That is exactly what i was talking about. But well i guess only Time will tell what will come out of the twisted Minds of Volition next :D

Your post was what reminded me of it. ;)

my question is this: if this is as crazy as i hear...
how will you guys be able to top this?
maybe have the saints achieve godhood?

Wow, everyone is thinking so big here :O

When they say 'end of the series like it is now' I was thinking of somekind of reboot.

Back to Stillwater, back to zero,... But then a totally new Stillwater, with hiqh quality graphic etc... and a lot of life. Helicopters and planes flying over the city, boats on the water, the trains or even subways and more life on the streets themselves. Customisation would be back at its top level, with completely customisable cribs, cars, gang, weapons,... and the option to use layered clothing. A large aresenal of weapons and a fuckton of different cars and some of those other cool features SR 2 had, like Fuzz and taking food/joints/drinks with you should be back.

And I would also bring back some of the sad moments SR2 had like that brotherhood mission involving Carlos or the scene where the Ronin fought the Saints in Aisha's house and things got out of hand,... Those really were moments that touched your feelings and made you hate the rival gangs more and more. The way how the Saints took care of Shogo must have been one of the best revenge scenes I've seen so far.

The map also could be bigger offcoarse and other cool vehicles could be added.

Thats my idea of how it could be rebooted. But everyone can has his own dreams about a next SR game ;)

Back