SPOILERS This is the last Saints Row with the same characters

of course there'l be a saints row #5. deepsilver wouldn't have bought the franchise if they'd only bring out one game. also wtf is up with the title? it's just a blatant lie.
I saw it on a IGN article http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/07/18/whats-after-saints-row-4-for-volition and on some other sites that they're taking a break from Saints Row, I also saw on another site, I can't really remember which one, that this was the last game with this story arc.
EDIT: http://www.gamespot.com/news/next-saints-row-could-continue-in-a-different-direction-6411118
There you go, I also edited the title.

I saw it on a IGN article http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/07/18/whats-after-saints-row-4-for-volition and on some other sites that they're taking a break from Saints Row, I also saw on another site, I can't really remember which one, that this was the last game with this story arc.
EDIT: http://www.gamespot.com/news/next-saints-row-could-continue-in-a-different-direction-6411118
There you go, I also edited the title.
A: your original post said "this is the last saints row game" which was bollocks.

B: that article is fairly meaningless. he just said it COULD take a different direction. not it WILL take a different direction. and given how SR IV ended i'm fairly sure we'l see at least some of the existing chars again.

A: your original post said "this is the last saints row game" which was bollocks.

B: that article is fairly meaningless. he just said it COULD take a different direction. not it WILL take a different direction. and given how SR IV ended i'm fairly sure we'l see at least some of the existing chars again.
they're good characters, I think we will see them more than once.
Sometimes characters take long time, even years to develop and to become well rounded characters. Those in Sr to me now are very interesting and less mysterious than before.

All the references to past events and many reappearances of characters from previous games made me feel a "final reunion" sort of thing was going on, I wouldn't be surprised if it's the end for this story arc and set of characters, even if I don't want it to be.

Well, if they take a break from Saints Row, all the better. Too many SR releases in a row would make it go very stale. We don't need SR go down the road of BF or CoD.

In all honesty, though, I still prefer TT over IV. In IV there's no point anymore to do what I enjoyed doing most in TT: stealing cars, doing all the jumps, pimping all my vehicles, etc. In IV I just use my superpowers for almost everything. It has even taken out a bit of the fun from a co-op campaign I'm playing with a friend. In TT he constantly had flat tires. No matter what he did he always ended up with them. it became somewhat of a running gag in TT for us. Now we just run, jump and glide. It's still an enjoyable game, but if I had to rank it, then TT stands over IV for me.

And yes, I'm curious what will happen with the franchise in the future. Is it over? I seriously doubt it. TT sold. IV sold. Why would they stop producing something that sells?

Well, if they take a break from Saints Row, all the better. Too many SR releases in a row would make it go very stale. We don't need SR go down the road of BF or CoD.

In all honesty, though, I still prefer TT over IV. In IV there's no point anymore to do what I enjoyed doing most in TT: stealing cars, doing all the jumps, pimping all my vehicles, etc. In IV I just use my superpowers for almost everything. It has even taken out a bit of the fun from a co-op campaign I'm playing with a friend. In TT he constantly had flat tires. No matter what he did he always ended up with them. it became somewhat of a running gag in TT for us. Now we just run, jump and glide. It's still an enjoyable game, but if I had to rank it, then TT stands over IV for me.?
i still like TT more too. coop wise IV is extremely fun too though.

It absolutely is.

I guess I'm just nostalgic and miss driving through town with my hand hovering over the E button because sooner or later my friend will set our car on fire! :p

It doesn't matter what they do, as long as they keep Johnny Gat... we can't lose him again... not again...

I don't know about you guys, but I wouldn't last an hour in SRV without the comfort of Kinzie's voice. :p

In all seriousness, getting rid of the existing mythology feels like a waste. If they have to reboot the franchise I'd prefer they go with some kind of time travel mishap storyline that warps everyone to a pre-SRTT timeline.

Back