Unexplainable Crashing.

I've crashed the Matt Miller rescue mission right at the end. As soon as the mission ends, after the cutscene of putting the robot power armor inside the ship, it goes to a loading screen that doesn't finish loading.

I have preordered the game on Nuuvem (I'm brazilian). I have the GeForce GTX 550 ti with 2GB RAM with the latest beta driver. Intel Core i5 3470 with 8GB RAM, with Windows 8 installed on the SSD and the game on an HDD. Xbox 360 controller plugged in, although I'm not using it for this game.

I've crashed the Matt Miller rescue mission right at the end. As soon as the mission ends, after the cutscene of putting the robot power armor inside the ship, it goes to a loading screen that doesn't finish loading.

I have preordered the game on Nuuvem (I'm brazilian). I have the GeForce GTX 550 ti with 2GB RAM with the latest beta driver. Intel Core i5 3470 with 8GB RAM, with Windows 8 installed on the SSD and the game on an HDD. Xbox 360 controller plugged in, although I'm not using it for this game.

This is a known issue with the pirated version of the game. Please integrate your Steam account to prove that you do actually own it.

Just want to clarify that with my graphic settings lowered on the matt miller mission, I get to the shooting inside the ship and when Kenzie pulls over to open a door, thats when I crash. I tried playing with my settings on ultra, because I should be able to the do that (At least thats what the auto detect feature implies), and I crashed right after I grabbed health for the robot in the beginning.
Here is the report.

Faulting application name: SaintsRowIV.exe, version: 1.0.0.1, time stamp: 0x5214db3e
Faulting module name: SaintsRowIV.exe, version: 1.0.0.1, time stamp: 0x5214db3e
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00d692c6
Faulting process id: 0xba0
Faulting application start time: 0x01cea07c7f794acc
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Saints Row IV\SaintsRowIV.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Saints Row IV\SaintsRowIV.exe

hey i'm getting the same problem, i find it crashes more for me when i go to use the hub & at the end of missions, it just all locks up and then crashes, sometimes it happens within a couple of mins of playing and sometimes i get a good hour in before it happens, i really hope that Knooby and the rest of the volition team can find this bug as it is one thing to redo a mission a few times because you do something stupid but it's a diff. thing when it crashes on you at the end of missions, the worst one i had to redo was where you help Asha Odekar and you have to shoot all the lights before you can kill the guards i ended up doing it well over 30 times as it kept crashing in the final room.
this is my pc spec
GPU - Geforce GTX 660 TI (Asus GeForce GTX660 TI-DC2-2GD5 Nvidia Graphics Card)
CPU - AMD FX(tm)-4170 Quad-Core Processor 4.2ghz
Memory - 8.00 GB RAM
Current Resolution - 1680x1050, 59
Operating System - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

i have just read about adding the report as well so here it is

Faulting application name: SaintsRowIV.exe, version: 1.0.0.1, time stamp: 0x5214db3e
Fault offset: 0x00bd5a5c
Faulting process id: 0x2770
Faulting application start time: 0x01cea0c229dc25a8
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Saints Row IV\SaintsRowIV.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Saints Row IV\SaintsRowIV.exe

and i have added the msinfo32 doc too i hope this helps you find whats causing these crashes

Attachments

• msinfo32 doc.txt
    13.9 MB · Views: 1,301
Last edited:
Just wanted to drop in and say this is great information and we're investigating this. We're investigating all these reports even though we are not responding to all of them. Please keep the information coming and if you guys can narrow things down like this it will help us help you.
thank you Mike & the resxt of Volition team for looking into this matter i hope you can find the problem soon
all your work is greatly appreciated!

I was constantly crashing with the message that inauguration station stopped. Seemed to be a problem with display settings - with the game defaulting to low. Uninstalled inauguration station and the game works slick on Ultra now. Also turned the video card settings from auto to high performance NVIDIA processor.

Mine crashes during the bike section, cannot get past it due to this.
I too crashed on Matt Miller rescue during the bike section. I was getting pretty close to the quest marker when it just froze, couldn't alt-tab out, had to ctrl+alt+del and open task manager to get back to windows proper to see the Windows crash dialog.

It's only crashed once, so I guess I'll update if it happens again. I'm not at the machine right now to get the msinfo stuff, but I copied the event viewer error to usb key before I left so here's that stuff. In the meantime, it's Win7x64 SP1 with all latest updates, an i5-750 running stock clocks, 8gigs of some ram, Asus P55D Pro mobo, GeForce GTX 760 with the latest (326.80) beta drivers.
The game is running in custom display config that is essentially ultra without the AA, instead I use smaa injector for that.

Code:
Fault offset: 0x007b6c87
Faulting process id: 0x1574
Faulting application start time: 0x01cea0e362220d6e

EDIT: Didn't crash again, so who knows what's up. I'll leave the code up there of course, maybe it helps.

Last edited:
Crashed at the end of Matt Miller last night, and today right at the beginning when the cycles spawn for the first time.

Win8x64 with latest updates, GeForce GTX 680 with month old drivers, 4 GB ram, running in Ultra

Crash at end
Code:
Faulting process id: 0x108c
Faulting application start time: 0x01ce9fa7d519f63f
Faulting application path: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Saints Row IV\SaintsRowIV.exe
Faulting module path: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Saints Row IV\SaintsRowIV.exe
Report Id: ed436437-0b9e-11e3-bef9-485b39ed0a0f
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Crash when cycles spawn
Code:
Faulting process id: 0xfbc
Faulting application start time: 0x01cea1111f090df8
Faulting application path: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Saints Row IV\SaintsRowIV.exe
Faulting module path: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Saints Row IV\SaintsRowIV.exe
Report Id: e68947cf-0d04-11e3-befa-485b39ed0a0f
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

edit:
just tried to reproduce again for a more accurate description of events but no crash. :)

Last edited:
Back