What is the reason for the design decision to use Gat and Kinzie as the protagonists?

Erm.. Is there going to be any customization for Gat or Kenzie?.. I mean, one of best features of the SR series is the ability to change your characters appearance, to what extent can we mess around with em? Clothing? Body? Voice?

There is no customization of any kind in Gat out of Hell.

What scares me the most at this point is this, since Saints Row 2 basically, Saints row lost more features with each release, less, clothing, less customization, less weapons, less of everything. My biggest fear right now with the new game is, are we still going to have character customization, are we still going to have most if not everything (aside from our own character) from SR3 and 4 in this one? I mean, we can't have character customization when you're playing as a set character in the franchise, to me it feels like a really off way of dropping yet another feature. Character customization, heck generally speaking, customization makes a game great. Saints Row4 pushed it with removing items and vehicles as it is since Saints Row 3, and if this one is going to remove major features like character customization, then I'll pass on this one and keep playing Saints Row 3 and 4.

I feel one shouldn't ever remove features from a game, it is a bad idea to begin with, adding is nice, I can understand when a game is moving to a new game engine, but so far, Saints Row 3, Saints Row 4, and Gat out of hell looks exactly the same, game engine wise, thus far from what I could make out of the trailer, that aside, it is a cool idea, don't get me wrong, but I feel this is going even further down the path of running this fun franchise into the ground, I play SR, because at least in this one, I'm given some free will and some great customization to play the game my way, unlike games such as GTA, where customization isn't even quarter way on the same level as Saints Row. I can play the game my way, that is what I like about it.

That being said, for example, looking at the items you had for instance in Saints Row 3, were or removed, or forced into a non-customizable item in Saints Row 4, it really puts me off seeing less and less, and yet we're still to expect the same standard for each game. I love these games, but they're being stripped after each release more and more, and I feel it really needs to stop removing content, and instead add upon what is already done.

Don't mean to be rude, Saints Row is by far the coolest damn free roam game I've played in a while, that isn't set in medieval times or a distant future.

What scares me the most at this point is this, since Saints Row 2 basically, Saints row lost more features with each release, less, clothing, less customization, less weapons, less of everything. My biggest fear right now with the new game is, are we still going to have character customization, are we still going to have most if not everything (aside from our own character) from SR3 and 4 in this one? I mean, we can't have character customization when you're playing as a set character in the franchise, to me it feels like a really off way of dropping yet another feature. Character customization, heck generally speaking, customization makes a game great. Saints Row4 pushed it with removing items and vehicles as it is since Saints Row 3, and if this one is going to remove major features like character customization, then I'll pass on this one and keep playing Saints Row 3 and 4.

I feel one shouldn't ever remove features from a game, it is a bad idea to begin with, adding is nice, I can understand when a game is moving to a new game engine, but so far, Saints Row 3, Saints Row 4, and Gat out of hell looks exactly the same, game engine wise, thus far from what I could make out of the trailer, that aside, it is a cool idea, don't get me wrong, but I feel this is going even further down the path of running this fun franchise into the ground, I play SR, because at least in this one, I'm given some free will and some great customization to play the game my way, unlike games such as GTA, where customization isn't even quarter way on the same level as Saints Row. I can play the game my way, that is what I like about it.

That being said, for example, looking at the items you had for instance in Saints Row 3, were or removed, or forced into a non-customizable item in Saints Row 4, it really puts me off seeing less and less, and yet we're still to expect the same standard for each game. I love these games, but they're being stripped after each release more and more, and I feel it really needs to stop removing content, and instead add upon what is already done.

Don't mean to be rude, Saints Row is by far the coolest damn free roam game I've played in a while, that isn't set in medieval times or a distant future.
I don't see why anyone would even want to change Kinzie. She's badass

I don't see why anyone would even want to change Kinzie. She's badass
Clothing and vehicle customization always make a game better. Even if it lost part of its neccessity. I kind of agree with Xelus on this one. If Saints Row V hits, I just hope we can make our protagonist the way we want to make them like in SR2, 3 and 4. That it dropped from expecting to hoping kind of says something.
And please -V-. Don't forget Totes Kawaii hairstyle, can't live without it now it's there in SRIV hahaha.

That video game is about Gat, not the Boss.
I think in further regular saints Row games, we will be still able to customize our Boss.

That video game is about Gat, not the Boss.
I think in further regular saints Row games, we will be still able to customize our Boss.
Of course. This is just a side-game, not one of the main titles. There's no way they'll take out character customization

I can understand that GOOH is about Gat, but does Volition understand that without customization the sales of GOOH will be significantly lower than SRTT and SRIV.
In todays gaming world there are more game modders than ever before and the games that sell the most are the ones that offer customization in the game and can also be almost totaly modded.
The game market demand for game personalization is constantly increasing and a smart game production company should do it's best to meet that demand.

Please tell us that after GOOH is released and you see the lower revenue it returns that your next Saints Row project will be more focused on customization and modding possibilities.

Back