What'll you do with Mesh Tools?

What'll you do first?

• Total voters
So thats a maybe?;)
The three big games that I know Kochmedia is involved with is Risen 2 Dark waters, Sacred 2 Fallen Angel, and Dead Island(there are a few others). From my limited research none of them have official modtools, but they can be modded to some degree.
So, I don't think that modding will change for SRTT, and probably 4 as well.

The three big games that I know Kochmedia is involved with is Risen 2 Dark waters, Sacred 2 Fallen Angel, and Dead Island(there are a few others). From my limited research none of them have official modtools, but they can be modded to some degree.
So, I don't think that modding will change for SRTT, and probably 4 as well.
Theres no harm in just asking nicely.

Volition is NOT
"Bethesda Game Studios", nor is it "Rockstar Games".

So don't expect much from Volition until they drop their "little policies".

We rather lucky that we can edit SR:TT using Notepad as it is.

I think Saints Row 4 has a chance for some tools, but with it launching in August, there is no chance for Saints Row the Third. Though in the back of my head I can't help but notice that Koch and THQ have a lot in common. I'll give them a chance, and hope for the best, but Koch conducts business identical to THQ, just on a smaller scale.

Now.
We want decent tools right? Well they are not going to fall into our lap!

So first, WE need to Gather enough people interested in modding the Saints Row franchise, so when the developer finally sees us Modders as a viable "niche market", they will give us some tools!
Kind of like what has happened with Elder Scrolls and GTA.

This is the only real site around that is really dedicated to modding Saints Row!!
Problem here, is that when you want to learn something new about modding Saints Row, you can't find it easily.
i.e removing the visual upgrades from weapons, player animations etc.

WE NEED MORE TUTORIALS THAT COVER SOME OF THE MORE SIMPLER ASPECTS OF SAINTS ROW!!!

That way we will have more modding and less double posts asking the same simple questions OVER and OVER!

If we want the tools, It is likely that WE will have to do the hard work first!

Go write some TUTORIALS!

Maybe. Developers are funny. Some go out of their way to inhibit mod communities. EA hates the fact that Sims is so dependent on modding and has been edging in to remove support. Also all Bioware games. Dragon age has held on, but Mass Effect was locked up. They want us to buy DLC, not make and give away content. We know that modding makes them more money then DLC does, but they don't. I really don't see Koch or Volition interested in ever releasing tools. They tolerate modding at best.

Back