WIP Weapon retexture project

Hi !

Great mod ! What mod are you using for the first person in your screenshots please ?

Thanks,

Don't think it's a 1st person mod, just a close-up of his boss aiming with guns (if you stand near walls or other object and tilt camera, it zooms further in).

hey Zac,

I'm the weapon art lead over at Volition. The specular map actually does control a LOT of the color, not only in the weapon store, but in the open world as well, so it's a good idea to not only edit the Diffuse (_D.tga) maps, but also the Specular (_S.tga). I am going to try and frequent these message boards more than I have been, but if you have any more questions please hit me up with a private message, and if i don't reply quick enough just email me @ pavid.dayne AT gmail.com

*Moderator Edit* changed email address to prevent Robot Harvesting

Last edited by a moderator:
hey Zac,

I'm the weapon art lead over at Volition. The specular map actually does control a LOT of the color, not only in the weapon store, but in the open world as well, so it's a good idea to not only edit the Diffuse (_D.tga) maps, but also the Specular (_S.tga). I am going to try and frequent these message boards more than I have been, but if you have any more questions please hit me up with a private message, and if i don't reply quick enough just email me @ pavid.dayne AT gmail.com
Thank you very much if i ever need help relating to the weapon textures i'll contact you via pm.
Anyways just did a quick one when i read the post and i came up with this
2013-09-15_00001_zpsbbe437bf.jpg

Think it might be too bright don't know people let me know less or more glow?

*Moderator Edit* changed email address to prevent Robot Harvesting

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I had a General Idea. I wanted to try and recreate the Bling Weapons from the First game. However I got side tracked and remembered the Pimped weapons from Army of two. So I decided to roll with that Idea. Here's my first attempted.
2013-09-15_00002crop.jpg

I l just love the way those weapons look all Pimped out like that. Problem being is getting it to be Shiny in some parts. I've been reading up on everyone's post and I'm gonna try and see if I can get those Silver lookin' bits to shine.
EDIT: I was basically going for an Engraved look with silver Detail.

...Since we're all doing weapon retexture, why not make a community repack?

mweeli.jpg

EDIT :
Also @[V] .walruseater ... Does asking for the .PSD of the weapons is a bit too much ? :p
And a question, regarding the 2x1024 1x512 textures, Will the game handle it if I switch the _n texture to 1024 and the _s to 512 ? because I need more resolution for my engraving light reactions.

Last edited:
...Since we're all doing weapon retexture, why not make a community repack?

Nice idea, I'll get some new textures underway (working on the Ingram Mac 10 and Beretta Storm).
As for the textures' size, I've noticed that if you change it, unsheathing/using the weapon will make the client crash. Now, I might be doing something wrong but it's been the same for clothes and weapon.

Edit - A question for .walruseater: when unpacking "secondary" skins (like the Taxi Cab or Camo for the Tactical Gun), there is no normal map, I only get diffuse and specular - do they still refer to the main skin's normal map (for example, to pistol_police_lg_n.tga.DDS)? Thank you in advance :)

Last edited:
Back