Gentlemen of Steelport Compilation

Looks like he will be taking a further break from this as Borderlands 2 was just released.

All of my work right now on GoS doesn't involve actually running the game. It's all VB coding. That's why you aren't seeing me playing SRTT on Steam. Believe it or not, I can actually split my free time into playing other games and still working on GoS. :p

What does this mod really do? I see the second post listing the things for the future. Please enhance the original post making this clear for people who want to live on the row and play until we die there. xD

P.S. Not sure but please make work with xbox controller :D

There are a few problems with that. First of all, the audio tools that we do have for SR2 are incomplete and only extract some of the audio. The audio that they do extract is not correct and bad quality. It sounds like a bad reverb/flange effect was applied. Secondly, the tools will not extract any dialogue other than some cutscene samples. The rest (like homie dialogue) can not be extracted. Third, the gat homie is missing those random incidental dialogue links and there is no current way to actually edit them to have them play a sample.
You may find this 7z file of Gat audio useful.

(While on the topic of files which are impossible to extract, I'd love to be able to extract the vehicle logos and homie heads from SR, so they can be added to the wiki)

Attachments

• Gat audio.7z
    25.4 MB · Views: 490
What does this mod really do? I see the second post listing the things for the future. Please enhance the original post making this clear for people who want to live on the row and play until we die there. xD

P.S. Not sure but please make work with xbox controller :D

Did you even read the first post? It's a compilation that makes SRTT mods work together and compatible. Everyone else has easily understood what it means, so I don't think it needs any kind of clarification.

Also, the game already works with an xbox controller right out of the box.

EDIT:
Sorry, that may have come off a bit grumpy since I've been down with the flu. :oops: I think you're looking for a list of what GoS actually includes. I would suggest downloading it and going through the changelog. It is a huge amount of text and also a work in progress, and frankly I can't be arsed to keep the thread updated with every single detail since it is in flux (for now.)

I can tell you that it's pretty much the de facto standard that most players use since it dynamically compiles the mods at runtime and updates all the asm files to work together. You can also easily use most newer mods with it that haven't been included yet.

Give it a download and read through, and post if you have any problems with understanding what the GoS compilation actually includes or does.

Thanks for the information, sounds like it must have just TOO many enhancements to list them. Im going to hold off for the GUI version. Great work and I really look forward to enjoying the mod as I have other mods from this site from people like 50percentjoe shitface and of course idolninja!!!

Humble request: New to the site and long time lifer on the Row, please if possible add the radio stations from Saints Row 2. I noticed a gentleman SR2 download on the main site page and was wondering if it would be possible for sr3.

Back