Gentlemen of Steelport Compilation

I've got a very odd problem...

GoS is the only mod I have/ever had going. I've not changed any settings, everything has been a-okay, until just now. I started one of the assassination missions (The one where you go to Rosen Oaks and call 911).

The firemen show up, and...the target grows to about 3-4 times the usual character size. It seems to be happening to characters at random in the general vicinity. Any ideas?

Update: It seems it's not just growing, but switching between normal/large/tiny sizes. It would also seem that now, everyone I attack is becoming tiny.

I've got a very odd problem...

GoS is the only mod I have/ever had going. I've not changed any settings, everything has been a-okay, until just now. I started one of the assassination missions (The one where you go to Rosen Oaks and call 911).

The firemen show up, and...the target grows to about 3-4 times the usual character size. It seems to be happening to characters at random in the general vicinity. Any ideas?

Update: It seems it's not just growing, but switching between normal/large/tiny sizes. It would also seem that now, everyone I attack is becoming tiny.

That's a new one one me. The engine can be incredibly glitchy though. Did you restart the game and try again with the same result? If so, verify integrity, wipe out any loose mods in the root of your install with following extensions, reinstall GoS and try again:
*.xtbl
*.lua
*.str2_pc
*.asm_pc

AFTER GENTLEMAN OF STEELPORT IS RELEASED, WILL IT BE EASY TO UNINSTALL THE BETA VERSION AND INSTALL THE OFFICIAL ONE ? OR DO I NEED TO UNINSTALL THE GAME AND REINSTALL IT ?

The upcoming gui version will let you clean up any old versions with a simple button press. You will not need to reinstall the game.

Also, since you must be new to this whole Internet thing, using all caps in a forum is considered shouting and is extremely annoying. Please stop posting like this.

Shitface, stop encouraging bad behavior (though I did laugh.)

images

Ooof - I've run into a problem and I'm sure I must have done something wrong.

I have been having problems installing the Gentlemen of Steelport mod - I started with a compltely clean install - no mods. I still ran the Remove_all_SRTT_mods. I ran Create_Custom_GoS_v1, made my customizations. But no files are added to my C:/Program Files(x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/saints row the third directory. I originally tried the loose mod collection (so I could continue to tweak things if I wanted to), and nothing seems to be added to my installation. I guess it kind of goes without saying that nothing is changed in-game...

I tried searching in Program Files to see if anything was created there (just on the offchance that this was created with 32bit installations of windows) but no directory was created for steam there. I can't remember if batch files in windows create files recursively - could that be my problem?

I also tried creating the clean install version (option P). This added two files to the directory: MY_CUSTOM_SR3_MODS
- patch_compressed.vpp_pc
- patch_uncompressed.vpp_pc

this does extend the load time slightly of the original SR3 menu screen like when you create custom files - but once I'm in-game I do not have access to:
-new homies from the gang customization menu (genki etc.)
-colour customization of clothes from wardrobe
-extended sliders in image as designed.

just in case, I also moved those files to the root directory of my installation: saints row the third but it also did not produce any change in-game.
I did choose to install all of these from the menu (assuming that an "I" next to the features means install)

I don't suppose there is any chance that anyone has run into this? Could it be an update or the DLC I bought?
Has anyone else run into any of these issues?

oh! Also, I don't suppose there is a filename I could search for, if there is any chance that a file could be being installed to a different directory!

I am using Gentlement of Steelport v1.0 beta 3

Thanks guys - I'm sorry for this!

Thanks shitface!!!!

damn it, you're absolutely right. I just re-installed SR3, I used the messy install, and copied all of the files to the root directory and it worked. I must have skimmed the readme, I can't believe I spent the last 3 hours trying different things and neglected to go back to the readme. Thank you so much, and I am so sorry!!

That's because you're not moving the files to the correct location. If you create loose files, they go here:
..\steam\steamapps\common\saints row the third\

If you created patch files instead, they go here:
\steam\steamapps\common\saints row the third\packfiles\pc\cache\

Either way you choose to build them, you always have to move them manually from MY_CUSTOM_SR3_MODS to their correct location noted above.

EDIT:
Oops, looks like shitface already got you on the right track. Personally, I love calling him that. ;)

Back