Gentlemen of Steelport Compilation

I will try to make it simple. Maybe Google can translate this.

Download Gentlemen of Steelport. http://idolninja.com/sr2.php
Use WinRAR or 7-zip. Extract the files into a directory.

Run "Create_Custom_GoS_v1.bat".
Choose "C", coop-compatible. Wait for it to finish.
Find the .vpp_pc files in "MY_CUSTOM_SR3_MODS". Copy them to "steam\steamapps\common\saints row the third\packfiles\pc\cache\". Overwrite existing files.

Copy "Remove_all_SRTT_mods.bat" to "steam\steamapps\common\saints row the third\"
Run "Remove_all_SRTT_mods.bat". This will delete installed mods. This ensures that GoS works right.

When i run Create_Custom_GoS_v1.bat, in the command prompt it gives me:
[C:\Windows\system32>REM 12/23/11

C:\Windows\system32>REM Gentlemen of Steelport Optional Mod Batch Installer by I
dolNinja

C:\Windows\system32>REM (http)://(idolninja).(com)

WARNING - Optional mods folder doesn't exist.
Did you forget to extract the whole archive?

Press any key to continue . . .]
Without the parentheses of course
Windows 7 :p Help please?

Edit: The folder "optional_mod_stuff" is indeed in the same folder as the "Create_Custon_GoS_v1.bat"
Am i missing something or forgetting something because i would really like to try this out

Don't run it from a command prompt. Just double click on it from windows so it uses all the correct relative paths.

Hi there, is there a list of mods that the current beta of GOTS has incorporated? I've checked your website and browsed the thread but haven't found a concrete list. I'm not sure if the initial posts on this thread with the list of mods are updated either (it does say it is outdated so). I found a list that was on your blog dating back from November 5th, 2012 but it may be outdated. Sorry for asking if it's already been posted somewhere (I know you get asked questions a lot, feel free to ignore if you're tired of repeating yourself).

I've been using the supermod since I started the game (because GOTR was so awesome in SR2) and I just wanted to know what changes there were from the vanilla game (since I play with my friends who noticed the differences whereas I can't since I played with it off the bat). So far I've noticed changes in customization, lighting, physics, weather, and weapons I believe.

The changelog included with the mod has a complete list with links to each mod's respective forum thread.

lots of useful things from this mod.
what about seeing to get the Steelport Gang fixes in it? that was practically an unofficial patch and nice to have XD

You should update the topic and get an organized complete list of what's all in in this mod as well as just in the standard co op build.
Shoot, I'll write it up if you want.

Like I've previously stated over and over, the new gui version will be updated with most newer mods on the forum like the steelport gang dlc fixes. It's kind of pointless to do any kind of update like you're proposing since everything is going to be changing drastically in the next release. Please just be patient.

Back