Gentlemen of Steelport Compilation

I made a simple billboard creator that takes a template .png and writes text on it, saves it as a .png, then converts it using the "Nvidia Texture Tools" to a .DDS

Template:
Template.png

OutPut:
Out.png

Maybe you could include it in the next GoS to show players what mods they have installed.

Attachments

• GoS Billboard Test.7z
    1.2 MB · Views: 358
Question.

Whenever I call my "Saints Backup," the line either says "In call" or "Busy" and they refuse to ever answer or arrive. Is this a feature of the mod, or a bug?

I am also using your Sandbox mod and Shitface's Showcase.

Usually that's caused by you not being on an actual traffic spline when you call. Also, homies in general are extremely buggy in the vanilla game. It's unlikely that any of those mods are causing it.

Thanks for the swift reply.

I tried to see if I was in the wrong place when making the call, based on what you said. I used Saints Backup in all kinds of random places: in roads, on sidewalks, in combat, out of combat, on a roof, on the grass, etc. etc. and in 90% of my attempts I got "In call..." like they answered, but the busy signal sound was playing. The other times it just said "Busy..." It doesn't seem to matter when or where I make the call, they just won't come.

I did not have these issues when playing the Vanilla version (wasn't aware of this website for a while), or when I was using the Realism mod.

Could some of the mods be clashing with one another?

Anything is possible. Have you tried removing all mods and seeing if it works again?

Something interesting, not sure if this is intended gameplay that I must have not realized:

I dismissed my current followers and tried to call in backup again, and this time it worked. I was using Shaundi and Pierce. In my Vanilla playthrough I only used gang members and didn't bother with the Homies, so I wouldn't have noticed this. Is it supposed to work this way?

Something interesting, not sure if this is intended gameplay that I must have not realized:

I dismissed my current followers and tried to call in backup again, and this time it worked. I was using Shaundi and Pierce. In my Vanilla playthrough I only used gang members and didn't bother with the Homies, so I wouldn't have noticed this. Is it supposed to work this way?

Maybe? I've never tried to do it that way with homies already recruited. If anything, ask xqd in his realism thread. It almost sounds like something he would do. One thing for certain though, nothing in GoS would have caused that afaik.

I can't think of anything included in the mod that might be causing that. Are you saying that if you remove the mod then the clipping is fixed?

Back