Gentlemen of Steelport Compilation

Thought so.

The current issues are two things.
1. I keep adding and updating new stuff instead of locking features since I want to cram as much stuff in as I can.
2. I'm trying to find a good way to make the scripting all open so that other modders can do updates for their mods easily. That way it will save me a lot of future hassle of keeping things up to date.

Hi IdolNinja

I am a bit confused regarding GoS. I have your Sandbox+ installed along with a dozen other mods. I want GoS if it streamlines things. I love your Sandbox+ and the cheats mod and don't wanna give them up. Do I install GoS to the vanilla directory, then simply add other mods?

Sincerely,
NOOB :)

You'll be glad to know that the cheat mods are included with GoS, and that Sandbox+ is 100% compatible. The best way to use it in your case would be to use advanced mode in GoS and create patch files which replace the original ones in /cache. Then add additional mods to the root of your SRTT install as normal. This keeps things separate and if you do have a problem you can easily troubleshoot. Most of the better mod releases that aren't included yet should be compatible like the npc behavior mod, steelport gang dlc fixes, and Sandbox+.

You'll be glad to know that the cheat mods are included with GoS, and that Sandbox+ is 100% compatible. The best way to use it in your case would be to use advanced mode in GoS and create patch files which replace the original ones in /cache. Then add additional mods to the root of your SRTT install as normal. This keeps things separate and if you do have a problem you can easily troubleshoot. Most of the better mod releases that aren't included yet should be compatible like the npc behavior mod, steelport gang dlc fixes, and Sandbox+.

Thank you very much! I have it all installed and everything works perfect!

Cool deal with the helicopters customization! How do I switch them back to helis though? I am stumped...:confused:
Thank you for your guidance. I would have quit SR3 without your mods!

Cool deal with the helicopters customization! How do I switch them back to helis though? I am stumped...:confused:

After customizing them, rebuild GoS without that mod selected.

Rebuilt GoS and it works perfect! Thank you again (and again). I'm an old fart and I showed my grown sons what I'm doing with SR3 and they were very impressed with the gameplay. They gave up on SR3 after beating the vanilla version.

As of today, Gui GoS is now officially in feature freeze. Any mods released after 1/26/13 will not be added to the upcoming version (though possibly at a later date.)

I'm sorry if this seems a bit spammy, but I'd just like to say thank you for this incredibly awesome package. Once I actually figured out what I was doing wrong (although it took me hours, because apparently I'm an idiot), actually being able to cleanly combine a bunch of the wonderful mods without a huge hassle is awesome.

I'm looking forward to the new GUI, as the current CLI is pretty clunky.

Back