Saints Row IV Hands on with the Saints Row IV press preview

Status
Not open for further replies.
IdolNinja, how much of the game is finalized so far? Is the game basically finished and they're just polishing things up, maybe adding some new skins, etc., or are major parts of the game still being developed and/or changed around?

That's probably a question best answered by Volition, not me.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that they probably have to finalize it soon, if they are not already on that, it's not that long until release, and they still have to get it to the factories to have the discs pressed.
More futzing around is probably impossible... though I got no idea how close they can actually cut it.

Now, I realize that layering is not returning, but just an oddball question, are socks back? I know they're probably not, but I just feel certain shoe + pants combinations looked silly without socks. I have no idea why that has been on my mind...

Now, I realize that layering is not returning, but just an oddball question, are socks back? I know they're probably not, but I just feel certain shoe + pants combinations looked silly without socks. I have no idea why that has been on my mind...

No socks or other slots. It's the same as SRTT in that regard.

Gratzi, just wanted to double check. I mean I figured it was 99% the same, but I had a small hope that we might see one of the non-complicated slots return. Saints Row 5 will have to be my hope to return proper necklaces and socks.

Gratzi, just wanted to double check. I mean I figured it was 99% the same, but I had a small hope that we might see one of the non-complicated slots return. Saints Row 5 will have to be my hope to return proper necklaces and socks.
I'm hoping the next game comes on a 64bit Geomod engine. Hopefully an SMP optimized 64bit engine with OpenML and DirectX support. It would make porting to Playstation 4, Mac, and Xbox One alot easier. IE Build on PC then port to the others (instead of it being the way it currently is).

Maybe even optimized the player code (Image As Designed spec's, plus cloths, plus weapons sets) to a compressed data set, so that we could see something like Red Dead Redemption's open world setting.
Oh the mayhem that could be created with multiple people running around doing Saints Row stuff in an open world environment. I'm not talking just 2 player Co-Op or 8 to 16 player Team Deathmatch, but actually roaming around just doing little things like area take overs and what not.

That is my hopes for the next game and engine, oh and that Volition would get the RF franchise back. Then they could redo RF1 and RF2 on the new engine with the ability to switch between first and third person perspectives, yeah I'm not asking for much am I?

Question?
What happens to a blow up doll if you shoot it with the inflatoray?
That gun wasn't in the preview build. Also, probably nothing since it's not an npc.
One of the screen shots thats in the SR4 spoiler thread shows the MC beating up a blow up doll as well as a toilet, are those not NPC's?
http://www.saintsrowmods.com/forum/threads/first-mission-plot.2758/ (Op updated the first post and the screen shot is close to the bottom).

IMO, the most active people in a game's modding community are at least as deserving of an early preview build of a game as the press are. And that goes for any game.

You cannot TK flying objects. I'm pretty sure I was able to TK a car that mini was in though.
You can TK flying objects with the right upgrades to your TK power. ;)

One of the screen shots thats in the SR4 spoiler thread shows the MC beating up a blow up doll as well as a toilet, are those not NPC's?
http://www.saintsrowmods.com/forum/threads/first-mission-plot.2758/ (Op updated the first post and the screen shot is close to the bottom).
I think this is actually part of one of the activities that was in the preview. I remember sniping some toilets.

Is there any Saints Row 1 or 2 gang clothing, vehicles or weapons that the player can unlock? by this I mean clothing related to previous gangs in the Saints Row franchise :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back