Visuals & Graphics HD Textures Pack Mod

Just copy files from archive to your SR3 folder. ;)

Tbh, I didn't get it either. :( It's entirely unclear to me which file set to copy. In fact, I got the impression this mod isn't even finished yet.

I got the impression this mod isn't even finished yet.

Was it the name of the subforum that led to your brilliant deduction, Captain Eagle Eye McObvious? ;)

I kid kid. Like most SRTT mods, just copy all the loose files into the root with the exe. Just that simple. And yes, it most certainly does work.

Was it the name of the subforum that led to your brilliant deduction, Captain Eagle Eye McObvious? ;)

I kid kid. Like most SRTT mods, just copy all the loose files into the root with the exe. Just that simple. And yes, it most certainly does work.

Sorry. :( I got confused on this:
You can download the HD pack here :
Version 1.0 12/15/2012
Version 1.1 12/17/2012
Version 1.2 12/19/2012
http://hevon.saintsrowmods.com/Hevon HD Texture pack v1.2.rar
Version with a texture fixed who had a big number on it
http://hevon.saintsrowmods.com/HD texture pack fixed.rar
Its in progress so i'm adding more and more texture into the pack.

Didn't really quite get which one to install (or both?). Besides, shitface's addendum is a wee above my experience level, LOL. As in: I have no clue what he's talking about. :p I'll try, though, cuz it looks like worth installing.

Also, if I'm reading this right, it hasn't been worked on since 12/19/2012. So, does that mean it's more or less finished? If so, I hope it will get integrated into GoS compilation one day.

Pardon my daftness, but how is this possible??! I mean, how can you make a female skin (or any other texture, for that matter) be of higher resolution than the original?! (other than simply scaling it).

The only higher res skins I've seen were from the 'fuckimhuge' cheat (sorry, but that's what it's called). See below. You found a way to get em even better? :)
If you generate mipmaps in your edited .dds file you can make your image of bigger resolution, thus make a better quality texture, without screwing the texture up, because with mipmaps enabled your favorite texture editing software saves the edited texture in all other resolutions inside the aspect ratio (1:2, 1:1, etc).

If you generate mipmaps in your edited .dds file you can make your image of bigger resolution, thus make a better quality texture, without screwing the texture up, because with mipmaps enabled your favorite texture editing software saves the edited texture in all other resolutions inside the aspect ratio (1:2, 1:1, etc).

My, that sounds complex. :p

So, the OP made/recreated higher res images himself from scratch then? That seems like as good as undoable (or possible, even).

Man, I really gotta try and wrap my brain about all this unpacking/repackaging stuff, so I can have a look-see for myself. :)

I was finally able to understand shitface's additional instructions. :p Gotta say, it looks pretty sweet! :) Thx!

so which version is the newest in the 1st post? ver 1.2 or the "fixed" version? they look great. i have the SWEETFX installed so hopefully they'll work well together. oh and haven't tried a nude mod yet. do any have HD bodies too? thanks!

used the fixed version and gotta say, this looks fantastic! great HD textures. i can't tell tho, are the character models HD? it's tough to see up close. i did get a good look at big ole Brutania. the blue space alien brute lady. and she did not look hd. but maybe that's because she's from DLC. so are the characters redone in hd?

Back