Visuals & Graphics HD Textures Pack Mod

used the fixed version and gotta say, this looks fantastic! great HD textures. i can't tell tho, are the character models HD? it's tough to see up close. i did get a good look at big ole Brutania. the blue space alien brute lady. and she did not look hd. but maybe that's because she's from DLC. so are the characters redone in hd?

HD indeed look fantastic! (And you can just install the 'fixed' package). Hard to tell whether your own MC is in HD too; probably not, but I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings. :) Besides, with faces covering such a small area of the screen, I doubt HD textures for it, on a whole, would make much of a visual difference. Only with the 'fuckimhuge' cheat (see a page or so back, for image) can you tell HD on your MC; but that image I showed was just from the regular available higher resolutions that apparently already come with the game.

Kinda weird. Whenever I try to start the mission "Hit the Powder Room" via the phone, the game's sound partially drops out and nothing happens. You can run around and shoot and stuff, but when you pause the game, or try to access your phone again, the game freezes completely. You can still hear the city sounds though.

It happens with every mission. The mod works fine, but as soon I start a mission, the cellphone conversation wont start and when I open the cellphone again, the game freezes.

It happens with every mission. The mod works fine, but as soon I start a mission, the cellphone conversation wont start and when I open the cellphone again, the game freezes.

Sounds almost certainly like you have a conflicting asm file. Most likely one of the interface ones like vint_doc_containers.asm_pc.

Try removing all mods and testing to make sure if it works in vanilla. Then install the HD texture pack and test. If it's still working, then add mods one by one and test each time until you find the one that's breaking it.

Thanks for the tip. I'll try it asap (Said like the boss while looking like Cyrus. xD) ^^

Nope, keeps on crashing. Perhaps it doesn't work under Direct X 10 or 11. But I prefer DX 11 over DX 9 with higher res textures I guess. I'll wait untill the better modding tools are out there to use. ^^

Question, though it was probably answered in the mountain of posts, it asks me to replace a file from the mission select mod. What should I do? Thank you.

damn, gone again since march..
I was going to ask for the lite version (black roads despite having 1gb gpu), but having just read that post explaining your previous AFThread time.... I just hope you're doing well.
Provided that is the case, actually even if not, know that your work here is appreciated; even if what we got is all we'll get from you over here. TY/GL/HF!

'sides, I probably can't even afford this mod fps wise ^^

got problem:

after installing hd pack fixed, all street textures are just blank black and the borders of the helipad are pure black too... any idea? im using 1.0.0.1

Back