Visuals & Graphics HD Textures Pack Mod

The people having problems with missing textures. Are you running a 32 bit version of windows?

SRTT has the LAA (Large Address Aware) flag set. This means on a 64 bit version of windows the game can use up to 4GB of memory. (Of course it isn't that simple in practice. Accidentally cast a pointer to an int instead of an unsigned int and bad things will happen).

However an unmodified 32 bit version of windows will still only use up to 2GB of memory. (You can get a 32 bit version of windows to use 3GB of memory when the LAA flag is active but it can make your system unstable).

It could be that someone running a 32 bit version of windows is running out of memory allocated to the game's textures.

I'm running this on Win 8 x64 with 4GB of RAM and 2GB GPU and I'm still getting this:

AFE9E4C3B1DDCBE29C09DF9A0C52AE2A6467055B

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=166903802

Ya, I know. I'm running a GTX 550 Ti, and can comfortably play on Ultra 1080p at a good framerate, so it kinda stumped me.
I'm also using "delete_reward_vehicles_plus_customize_all_vehicles_v3_IdolNinja_gibbed" and "Extended customization".

OK I've analysed the mod and it looks like it has some really big textures in it.

According to Microsoft any DirectX 10 card must support textures of at least 8192x8192 in size (there isn't a limit I know of for DirectX 9 but it was usually 4096x4096).

This mod contains a texture that is twice that size. Some cards support textures that size some don't.

You'll need to unpack the textures, edit the roads_combined_01_d_co.tga.dds file, reducing it by 4, then save and repack.

Edit: By the way I think the flickering texture is due to the mod having normal maps with too much detail and mips. It's very difficult to generate proper mips for normal maps. It's not simply a case of scaling down the original normal map as that can lead to artefacts.

Back