How the Saints Save Christmas DLC 12/11

uhm... question... am i lagging or is nothing showing?

Encountered an odd bug on the second mission. I was using the Dubstep gun (before I got the xmas version) and the sound got stuck playing the dubstep song even when I stopped using it. The song kept playing all the way to the end, and then continued playing when I was back on the crib ship. Had to exit and restart to get it to stop.

I'd avoid using that gun in that mission until you acquire the xmas version of it.

That's a known (albeit confusing) issue that unfortunately slipped through. It will stop if you swap to some weapons, not all, but not always.

spoiler alert: this is a short dlc.
another spoiler alert: but its fucking AWESOME!!! the santa outfit is fully recolorable!!!! (i made a "bad santa" character!)
i played this all the way to the end. and i gotta say: this is miles better than etd ever was. while its short, whats there is fucking AMAZING!! i love all the references and how you can understand the boss not being holly jolly but by the end hes a better person. yeah its schmultzy, yah its silly, and stupid.... but by god it was BRILLIANT! and the unlockables werent just homie outfits. weapons, more outfits, and kickass vehicles. this truly is fucking sweet!
the ONLY bug i saw was that my switch powers button just stopped working. (the manual select with f1,f2,f3,f4 worked fine. )
wait... nevermind. i forgot i set the controls back to default. :p

Oh, are there multiple unlockable outfits? If so, that's awesome!

The only "issue" I came across may be intentional. When the first mission starts, at the very start, things seem to be a bit laggy but the slowdown may be intentional or it may be my mind playing tricks on me since I'm so used to having super powered running. Then after the first mission when I start the second and my player gets their original outfit back, their collar is gone. I'd consider that more of a itsy bitsy glitch, and it doesn't affect gameplay so it isn't a big thing.

The main storyline is amusing, a bit short, but amusing and the cut scenes are really touching in a special Saints Row kind of way. The activities on the other hand, I only played two, while there seems to be 3 or 4 more on my map. I imagine the ones I haven't done are just harder versions of the ones I have done, or maybe not? The gift and coal activity is fun because Santa and Mrs. Clause bicker a lot, while the second, the mind over matter ones and now the circles move around. Mind over Matter activities were the activities I had the most trouble with in SRIV when it came to getting gold, even on the casual difficulty, now that the circles move around it's really hard, especially when they clip into buildings as they move around.

But all in all, I'd say the Christmas expansion is a lot better than the Dominatrix expansion.

Oh, and I love the town in the first mission. Before things went all dark and gloomy, it reminded me of the town in Gremlins, which is one of my favorite christmas movies.

Hrmm, I guess my post is spoiler free, I'm not revealing anything about the story or what has to be done.

yep, another 45mn long DLC, but it was fucking awesome and you can feel they putted a lot of work in it!

SPOILER :
The north pole location is really well done and full of easter eggs and fun details, the overall mood is really cool,
even tho the quests are more or less "go there, kill that", I really felt I was playing something new! (not like ETD)

Small disapointement, I would have love to "re-program" the simulation with snow everywhere and decorations all around the city.

Oh, are there multiple unlockable outfits? If so, that's awesome!
yah there are!!!! theres santa, a sweater, and an elf costume!!! :3
the santa suit IS completely recolerable. and the hat can be worn seperately for both the elf and the santa outfit. the sweater is a sperate piece of clothing too!

The DLC is quite funny, and it's obvious that a lot more effort and work was put into it than into the terrible EtD DLC. Nevertheless, in my opinion it would still need more playtime to be worth the current price.

Back