How the Saints Save Christmas DLC 12/11

I think its worth noting I never played sr2, I just don't like the idea of this. ehh..

So you reference wanting "the badass boss" that people in the forums talk about... without ever having seen, "the badass boss" in action? I don't know man, it just seems bizarre to let a few frames of a cutscene where you don't even know exactly what's going on change your perspective on the DLC (before it's even been released). But hey, I understand where you're coming from, and everyone's allowed to feel however they like about things. I do kinda wish Saints Row was a bit more RPG-ish (for example, I don't agree with my character not understanding Kinzie very often - it makes her look very dumb).

Let's be friends, yeah? :D

Right fair enough, and I'm not trying to judge the dlc as a whole by one scene, like I said, after ETD, I'm hesitant, but I have the season pass already, so time will tell I guess. By not playing sr2, I don't include that game significantly in what I think of my character, and I feel their badass, out of cutscene especially. When each of the voices have unique dialogue, that's when I feel my character has the more unique flair (story wise). Cutscenes are alright, but they tend to deform my character with weird animations and say things that feel a tad out of character. And yeah I have the same issue with Kinsie. But, to be fair, these are fairly minor issues, and I still enjoy the game as a whole. I would envision my Boss as not taking that sort of nonsense from someone attacking them over such a silly concept and idea.

Last edited:
I always thought the boss was a baddass. but in sr3 i can understand why hes not as violent story wise as before. the first 2 games he had one goal: power. and at the end of corporate warfare, he got it. so once he had his fame in hand, he became less violent. but, can easily remind the world who he is when called to do so. and really, they also made him a bit more human. personally, i like the boss even today. hes more of a good guy through saving the human race.(if zinyak were truly smart he shouldnt have abducted him. and destroy planet earth with him on it.)

I always thought the boss was a baddass. but in sr3 i can understand why hes not as violent story wise as before. the first 2 games he had one goal: power. and at the end of corporate warfare, he got it. so once he had his fame in hand, he became less violent. but, can easily remind the world who he is when called to do so. and really, they also made him a bit more human. personally, i like the boss even today. hes more of a good guy through saving the human race.(if zinyak were truly smart he shouldnt have abducted him. and destroy planet earth with him on it.)

Think about it - Zinyak has already done the same thing that he did to Earth for 100s, possibly 1000s of worlds. He had no reason to assume Earth would be any different. I do think that Zinyak was pretty overconfident though - he let you run around the simulation, free as a bird, wreaking havoc, freeing your friends. He literally did almost nothing to stop you. Also, the wardens didn't do a very good job either (their job was to torment the President? Pfffft).

I have it downloaded and it plays the opening cut scene then crashes to desktop when it's loading the first mission. I think this might be intentional though because i always thought it was due to release tomorrow. I only tried it cause when i logged onto Steam it started downloading.

an early release? :3 if not then i hope my calender is wrong!
or i slept in an extra day.

I am playing the DLC pack and I think I already encountered a bug

(SPOILERS BELOW... SERIOUSLY DON'T LOOK DOWN!)

When you have to disable the mechanical reindeer, only the one that is outside the stable allows me to rip out its internals, all the ones that are inside the stable don't. My character puts her fist into it and mucks around for a few seconds and then goes back to the start of the animation. The progress bar will fill up to a random level, sometimes to even 100% but the reindeer will not be disabled. I tried restarting the mission with the same results.

EDIT: I exited the game and tried again with the same result. Then, I alt+tabbed out of it to download fraps so I could record what was happening. Lo and behold a Christmas miracle happened, I could disable them.

Last edited:
So uh, yeah. Weird stuff that looks like zinship parts blocking the workshop. Also two of twinkle's elves keep falling through the ground when they spawn making it impossible to kill them.

Attachments

• 2013-12-10_00005.jpg
    2013-12-10_00005.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 380
  • 2013-12-10_00006.jpg
    2013-12-10_00006.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 414
Back