Saints Row: The Third Kinzie's Toy Box Status (SRTT SDK)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great news all around. Not sure whether this support from Volition working with modders is more or less exciting than when the Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 2 modding community restored the cut content from the game, or when I was helping MERP for Oblvion, or when some friends and I helped make the PC version of Vice City have online multiplayer. Every PC game has potential, no? Anyway, thanks so much for answering my questions.

I eagerly look forward to the texture viewing tool, that will make some things I want to try a bit more speedy. :D

This might not be as impressive as you are expecting. Since we have all the source assets, the peg viewer simply tells us what is in the peg, file sizes, and offsets. It isn't a way to view the peg content itself. That is not a hard tool to write though if you were so inclined. I'm telling you this now so you can start work on such a tool if that is what you want. The peg file format is out in the forums now.

As a side note here, I'm really excited to see what tools the community makes. We will release tools that we use and some new ones made just for modding, but please keep in mind that our workflow is different from yours so these tools may not be ideal. I would hope that you guys take up the challenge and use the information available to make amazing things. Initially I'm sure there will be a lot of batch files created to join together common tools used in a workflow, but I'm most excited about the applications that will be coming that will either do the work themselves or shell out to our tools. These applications will really open the game up for people without as much technical knowledge and the more mods the better, if you ask me.

I'm not trying to set you guys up for disappointment here, I'm just interested to see what will blossom from the community's endeavors and that doesn't end with content.

Well I have the texture tool that's already been released, its got a slight bug when I use it. The textures will be skewed or fragmented in a small way, only by a literal few pixels, but enough to make it not align properly on the model when repackaged. Made the weapon retexture project just a little whacky for a bit. Though the ability to at least see the contents in the file, maybe not visually, could speed along some processes. As there are many textures that just have kind of generic ambiguous directory style names. I should really redo the preload texture files though for my mod... It'd make all the guns match up at once. I've been avoiding that process though.

This might not be as impressive as you are expecting. Since we have all the source assets, the peg viewer simply tells us what is in the peg, file sizes, and offsets. It isn't a way to view the peg content itself. That is not a hard tool to write though if you were so inclined. I'm telling you this now so you can start work on such a tool if that is what you want. The peg file format is out in the forums now.

As a side note here, I'm really excited to see what tools the community makes. We will release tools that we use and some new ones made just for modding, but please keep in mind that our workflow is different from yours so these tools may not be ideal. I would hope that you guys take up the challenge and use the information available to make amazing things. Initially I'm sure there will be a lot of batch files created to join together common tools used in a workflow, but I'm most excited about the applications that will be coming that will either do the work themselves or shell out to our tools. These applications will really open the game up for people without as much technical knowledge and the more mods the better, if you ask me.

I'm not trying to set you guys up for disappointment here, I'm just interested to see what will blossom from the community's endeavors and that doesn't end with content.
Although it's kind of hard to imagine what kind of miracles we'll be able to achieve with those info & tools, we'll certainly put them all into a good use :)

Guys, cvtf crunch tools are now working! I was able to edit vehicle components and variants! :D

Changed the Peacemaker body color to pick random colors from the Modern paint set. :D

56CED33CDAEED57DA2B27D840366562AFF5470C7

will this allow you to replace the Peacekeeper with a Taxi that's been modified to look like the SR2 Five-O, or is this something else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back