Saints Row IV Latest Steam patch for SRIV breaks weapons

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just tried the game with this new patch and it seems I don't have that broken weapons bug... The only weapons related bug I encounter is I've got two dubstep guns in my inventory, and I still have the audio log bug when I load my save.

EDIT : Could it be a weapons mod related bug (the original weapons files may have been uptated and the mods are perhaps incompatible with this version) ? I don't have any installed, the only mod I'm using is an edited camera_free.xtbl.

Last edited:
I just tried the game with this new patch and it seems I don't have that broken weapons bug... The only weapons related bug I encounter is I've got two dubstep guns in my inventory, and I still have the audio log bug when I load my save.

EDIT : Could it be a weapons mod related bug (the original weapons files may have been uptated and the mods are perhaps incompatible with this version) ? I don't have any installed, the only mod I'm using is an edited camera_free.xtbl.

I don't have any weapon mods installed. Plus, I doubt that if it was just a mod, so many people would have problems with it. The Steam forum is filled with it and I don't think everyone of them has a weapon mod.

If we save..what will happen?

EDIT: Should I delete the save?

No, don't delete it just yet. At least wait untill Volition had a chance to fix their mistakes. I am sure they can fix it, as it seems like a simple bug to fix for them.

the double (or tripe, or quadruple etc etc) weapons bug is the bug. it can also delete other weapons.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the double dubstep gun is a known bug present before this patch was released, no ?

EDIT : it happens when you have preordered the game and obtained the dubstep gun at the begginning of the game, and you unlock another one later (those who haven't preorder only obtained this one).

From Volitions official Twitter:
We're aware that the recent PC patch has created a lot of issues for people; we deeply apologize and are working right now on a solution

I have emails, PMs, and even tweets sent out to every single Volition contact I have. Still no response.

That's my bad, I actually forwarded the message to the production team about five minutes after I got it. But, you know, since it was about 4:30am... too groggy to reply.

Imaginable. =) But is there any word if the damage to the save data can be reversed? Or.. do we get a very good reason to replay the game? ( Hell, restarted the game 3 times already. Love the beginning. ^^ )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back