Saints Row IV Latest Steam patch for SRIV breaks weapons

Status
Not open for further replies.
ugh.....I guess I'll try. I'm gonna be PISSED if my saves are all screwed.

EDIT: Well, not pissed....more sad then anything :p
well my older savefiles all have the bug, the new one doesn't.

even the oldest savefiles that are only just out of the simulator for the first time have it. ones i never even opened today. :/

It won't be that big a deal if I have to make a new game, I just really don't want to have to get gold on the hard MOM again.

Yeah I don't mind starting a new game either but I like to have one 100% file and I really don't want to travel 2,500,000 in alien aircraft again.
Never mind there is a mod for the alien vehicle distance so I can't complain anymore.

Last edited:
It won't be that big a deal if I have to make a new game, I just really don't want to have to get gold on the hard MOM again.
It's alot easier on Co-Op.
You pick one type of target, your co-op partner picks the other, and then you both finish off the third.
Example: when I did it, I did cars, my buddy did Genki targets, and we both did pedestrians when we finished.

Well, it *will* be kind of a big deal to me: I hate to grind everything all over again (guess that's why I like New Game+). Besides, a screw-up which messes up all your savegames is just something Volition needs to fix.

EDIT: And I am starting to get upset if I think about losing my extensive wardrobe and outfits I put together. :( Yeah, no.

Just chill out and wait until the fix is out to see what the situation is. If there are artifacts left over, like duplicate weapons or missing weapons that you can't re-acquire, an eventual release of a save editor will be able to clean them up. (No promises on a time frame for that.) Worrying never helps.

I think it's far too early to start calling for blood on this.

Everyone makes mistakes. It's how we own up to them and deal with the situation is what is important. Give Volition time to make this right.

I think it's far too early to start calling for blood on this.

Everyone makes mistakes. It's how we own up to them and deal with the situation is what is important. Give Volition time to make this right.
Oh I agree, but here's the score:

- An unfixed Inauguration Station.
- Saints Row 4 launch bugs (to be expected of course).
- Cheats for sale "DLC" pack (and here I was blaming THQ for that when the same happened for Saints Row 3, my mistake).
- Two overpriced minimum content DLC packs when the game has only been out a few days here in Europe.
- Releasing those DLC packs before fixing any major launch bugs.
- A patch that broke the game.
- A patch that failed to resolve the damage caused by the previous patch.

I really wanted give my support to Volition, but they seem to be doing their best to prevent me from doing so.

So yes, time will tell, but so far it doesn't look good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back