Saints Row IV Latest Steam patch issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are looking at that too, can you let me know:

"Do the two dubstep guns have the exact same name and skins and music tracks?"
One is customizable and is set to the default - I changed back to this between the patch and the fix. The second is not customizable and is stuck on the skin I had before the patch, before changing it back to the default. (Edit: the second is popstar as others have said, so may not actually be related to my settings)

This could be the reward, from a bug to a feature.
My point exactly :)

In the weapon cache to select weapons, there are 2 dubstep guns:

Original one:

9D887A3038B605840562AC62794C401D2B2839BB

Duplicated one. Note that it's missing the "DUBSTEP GUN" text

501FA659953615181E544B07DD827F755455F7AE

When I select upgrade and go to customize it, only the first original dubstep gun shows up.

76D85F16C6C372CE33DA7434989E9A9B8723CFA0

The customization all works correct with the three choices of default, industrial, and popstar. The duplicate gun is the popstar skin by default and plays the popstar music track correctly. I can switch between the two guns in my weapons cache and use them in the open world, and they both play the tracks they are supposed to (the original white default plays the default music, and the new duplicated popstar one plays the popstar track.)

Can people having issues with the penetrator try this weapon_costumes.xtbl?

Restores customisation for me:

Confirmed Penetrator customization is fixed with that table.

Also confirmed that I have 2 dubstep guns in my inventory. This happens with both a save before the broken patch hit, and one afterwards. I think perhaps one may be the mission unlock, and the other one is the challenges unlock.
Dug around some, just to confirm, this is definitely the one from Kinzie's mission. There are a few "duplicate" guns in the weapons data for generic versions of weapons with preset limits. There's this dubstep gun, a heavy smg, an automatic rifle, and few others. They have almost identical stats to a non-upgraded one and can't be customized.

For the Alien SGM and Pistol, I was sure to have seen it at Friendly Fire ... I must have been dreaming.
For the Rectifier, I recall seeing 3 differents skins option before the patchs. If someone can confirm this. ;)

You see it in the store AFTER you picked them up from the aliens. ^^ So unless you do that, no alien weapons in the store. Plus, you get them free in the store after that. At least, I did. =P

Hmm... I saw a new 8 MB patch for SRIV, loaded my corrupted save, and it is normal! Even the 'Merica is back!

EDIT: Old untouched saves are fine too!

Last edited:
Yeah 2 dubstep guns.
But as of this patch I also have the feeling the "glitch" effect is way more frequent on everything, also had some trouble with coop missions not loading correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back