Saints Row IV Latest Steam patch issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
I, for one, continue to have fun Matrixing my way around Steelport and dubstepping aliens to death and smashing pedestrians in the face with trucks.

Glitched game or not, it isn't hampering my ability to have a hella good time.

I'm thinking of just playing again anyways since labor day weekend is coming up and if they don't have the patch out by tomorrow, chances are it wont be out till sometime next week. If the new patch breaks saves.. eh.. I'll just start a new game when its released.

No pressure, Volition is right to take their time with the fix, last thing anyone wants is an update that fixes the current problems but adds ten times more. What I don't understand is why the broken updated is still up on Steam...

No pressure, Volition is right to take their time with the fix, last thing anyone wants is an update that fixes the current problems but adds ten times more. What I don't understand is why the broken updated is still up on Steam...
Because people already bought the DLC included with the update, to just pull it at this point would make things worse.

Because people already bought the DLC included with the update, to just pull it at this point would make things worse.

How? So let me get this straight, leaving a broken update in that disables the pre-order DLC and breaks the game is fine, but taking it down at the cost of disabling the other DLC (and consequently fixing the game, or, not breaking it) is wrong?

Logic must've taken a day off.

Hokie is right.

Disabling the two dlc packs they released and people already paid for would still result in a lot of angry gamers who've paid for those two packs, and they can't toss them a refund to shut them up since Steam won't give them a refund.

Pfff... i'm sorry (actually i'm not) but the priority should be on fixing the main game first, then care about stuff like useless Outfits... this switched up priority is what seriously baffles me.

@Eurotrash:

Taking the patch off of Steam wouldn't... do anything helpful, really. It wouldn't fix things for existing customers who have been impacted. And those who haven't been impacted yet will be fixed up already from the patched patch they are aggressively working on getting out.

If they tried to force a removal of the patch on Steam, then they would basically have an upgrade 'fork' out there -- They are working to update the current build, not the previous build. They'd have to develop two separate patches, one from a previous version of the code, and one from the current one, and then indefinitely maintain both branches going forward. OR they'd have to make the old build mirror the current build, to allow the new patch to work for everyone which .... is exactly what having the current (broken) patch out there on Steam ensures...

Logically speaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back