NPC behaviour and spawn mod

Added v27 which makes more changes to notoriety and a lot of changes to pedestrian AI to increase their chances of attacking other NPCs.

Also, I think I might have accidentally broken the crackhead action node in this update. Can someone verify whether or not they're spawning? There aren't many of them and I can't remember where they normally spawn, so just check around in back alleyways.

I just encountered a new Decker skin. Nice touch! This would be the skin they use in the cyber world, right (minus the extra effects)?

2012-10-21_00006.jpg

Has anyone played through the entire campaign and all the saints book stuff with this mod installed? This is one of my absolute favorite mods, and really the ultimate way to play SRTT. I would love to include it as one of the core mods in the new gui GoS, but I just need to make sure it doesn't break any missions or anything first.

EDIT:
After spending some quality time tonight with v28 I have a couple of suggestions:

* It's extremely difficult to get 5 stars now with the lowered notoriety even after going crazy with a rocket launcher for 15+ minutes the highest I got was 4. I think you should boost the notoriety back up somewhat for killing police/gangs, but keep the current lower notoriety as is for killing civs. Also, as a balance turn down the decay rate so it takes longer to lose a star.

* Is there any way to have a wider array of npc clothing colors that spawn? I know encogen's GPO allows for it for homies, and it would be great to get more civilian variety here as well. Earlier I saw an old guy spawn in a neon pink and green sportcoat/pants and it was really neat since right now most of the npcs are kind of drab and boring colors.

* Since some of the weapon unlocks are now available on npcs like the decker vr smg, maybe you and I should give a serious look at revising the unlocks with stuff like the Saints Tornado, the Trailblazing suit, the cyber suit, etc. That way we can get them out of the stores and actually part of the mission/activity progression like they should be.

As a side note, I stood in the middle of an intersection down by murderbrawl listening to Let's Go Crazy by Prince (from my personal radio replacement mod ;)) while a massive fight broke out between the police, old ladies, and wrestlers while Saints flow cans danced in the background. One of the highlights was an old lady tazing a cop right before she got run over at full speed and sent flying directly at me wizzing past my face. It was the most amazing insane crazy thing I have ever seen in SRTT and rivaled some of the best sr2 moments. Kudos to you and your fine work on this mod. :D

Has anyone played through the entire campaign and all the saints book stuff with this mod installed? (...)
I'm in the middle of doing it. STAG has just arrived in Steelport and no there were no sign of a bugs. I also believe that I beat story line with previous version.

The only complain I got is that M2 Grenade Launcher makes a pretty irritating weapon in Luchadore's hands. It's projectiles stick to your vehicle and you've got only few seconds to get out. They're also very hard to see, so many times you're ending up with very cheap deaths. It makes it very hard to finish Luchadore Compensator's theft in Car stealing contracts as well.

I have to admit, though, that reporting a bug in this mod make me feel almost guilty. This mod is so great that it feels like "SRTT should be in the first place". Colors, variety, very balanced pedestrians behaviour, more interesting gun fights. It has everything covered!

I have to admit, though, that reporting a bug in this mod make me feel almost guilty. This mod is so great that it feels like "SRTT should be in the first place". Colors, variety, very balanced pedestrians behaviour, more interesting gun fights. It has everything covered!

I can't imagine playing SRTT without it. Actually, yes I can. I went back to vanilla since I was testing some things and it was a snooze fest comparitively. :)

Has anyone played through the entire campaign and all the saints book stuff with this mod installed? This is one of my absolute favorite mods, and really the ultimate way to play SRTT. I would love to include it as one of the core mods in the new gui GoS, but I just need to make sure it doesn't break any missions or anything first.

EDIT:
After spending some quality time tonight with v28 I have a couple of suggestions:

* It's extremely difficult to get 5 stars now with the lowered notoriety even after going crazy with a rocket launcher for 15+ minutes the highest I got was 4. I think you should boost the notoriety back up somewhat for killing police/gangs, but keep the current lower notoriety as is for killing civs. Also, as a balance turn down the decay rate so it takes longer to lose a star.

* Is there any way to have a wider array of npc clothing colors that spawn? I know encogen's GPO allows for it for homies, and it would be great to get more civilian variety here as well. Earlier I saw an old guy spawn in a neon pink and green sportcoat/pants and it was really neat since right now most of the npcs are kind of drab and boring colors.

* Since some of the weapon unlocks are now available on npcs like the decker vr smg, maybe you and I should give a serious look at revising the unlocks with stuff like the Saints Tornado, the Trailblazing suit, the cyber suit, etc. That way we can get them out of the stores and actually part of the mission/activity progression like they should be.

As a side note, I stood in the middle of an intersection down by murderbrawl listening to Let's Go Crazy by Prince (from my personal radio replacement mod ;)) while a massive fight broke out between the police, old ladies, and wrestlers while Saints flow cans danced in the background. One of the highlights was an old lady tazing a cop right before she got run over at full speed and sent flying directly at me wizzing past my face. It was the most amazing insane crazy thing I have ever seen in SRTT and rivaled some of the best sr2 moments. Kudos to you and your fine work on this mod. :D
I played through my save from start to finish with an older version of this, and that was back in May/June, but I don't recall noticing anything out of the ordinary beyond all weapons being available from the start at Friendly Fire, but I think that was another mod's fault. I'd like to make a new save, but I'm personally waiting for some SR4 news to get me good and hyped lol

I agree that the notoriety needs to be tweaked again. I used the Save Editor to change the decay rate to .50 for all gangs and it still decays relatively quickly, to the point where I'm not even sure I changed anything. And altering mission unlocks would really be useful, especially in the case of something like the RC Gun, which is unlocked in the mission where you go to kill Phillipe, but should've been unlocked in the Murderbrawl mission that is a glorified tutorial

EDIT:

1. Alright, I'll increase gang kill and police kill notoriety for the next version.

2. I've already added new colour palettes for almost every NPC, but I could add another set. The way it works right now is that each character in character.xtbl uses one palette from npc_color_palettes.xtbl, which only allows for a limited range of colors for each palette. To get around this I just created new character entries using the same npc models but with different colour palettes. Adding more is easy to do, but it's really tedious and I don't know if characters.xtbl has a limit. Guess I'll find out.

I didn't look too closely at his mod but I think Encogen just changed the saints colour values in npc_color_palettes in GPO's "color shuffler" addon for different homie colours.

3. Yeah, it would be nice to put some of those normally unobtainable things back into the game. I'd like to add the DLC outfits to specific stores as well.

Back