Saints Row 2 High Quality Texture Pack

I figured you might want the full textures including the enhanced pavement texture. It's all in the "sr2_alwaysload_user" files. I did however enhanced the color of brick and the street curbs that are yellow so they match the original Saints Row game.
Just tried this out and it looks so nice, thank you! :)

You're welcome. :) There's still a lot of work to do and I'm still trying to find all the yellow strips that goes on all the different roads though as they also need enhanced ;)

Here you go.

Note: They're basically the same texture only darkened ;)

9480_2015-12-29_00003.jpg 9480_2015-12-29_00004.jpg 9480_2015-12-29_00005.jpg

This dark texture upset the whole balance.
I've modified the entire texture to be used on the road, but the good results not obtained.

SR2 engine often handle textures with unusual way.
For example, it ignore the texture's mipmap and replaces the mipmap with another texture.
Therefore change of texture is not properly reflected.

We need to pay attention about possibility that causes confusion when we apply major changes to the texture.

(sorry, my english ability isn't enough...)

View attachment 11936 View attachment 11937 View attachment 11938

This dark texture upset the whole balance.
I've modified the entire texture to be used on the road, but the good results not obtained.

SR2 engine often handle textures with unusual way.
For example, it ignore the texture's mipmap and replaces the mipmap with another texture.
Therefore change of texture is not properly reflected.

We need to pay attention about possibility that causes confusion when we apply major changes to the texture.

(sorry, my english ability isn't enough...)

Which textures did you use? The ones in the "Pavement Textures" didn't contain all the textures but I did uploaded the files "sr2_alwaysload_user.peg_pc" and "sr2_alwaysload_user.g_peg_pc" which do have all the textures in it including the asphalt textures. My mistake though for not putting them into the Pavement Texture zip file, sorry.

Them square and rectangle things you see on the roads are called toppatches. Just like the ones that are in real life cities, they repair their roads with these. Some are made with asphalt and gravel.
SR2_pc 2015-12-29 18-41-41-50.jpg
SR2_pc 2015-12-29 18-50-18-47.png
SR2_pc 2015-12-29 18-52-21-45.png

Which textures did you use? The ones in the "Pavement Textures" didn't contain all the textures but I did uploaded the files "sr2_alwaysload_user.peg_pc" and "sr2_alwaysload_user.g_peg_pc" which do have all the textures in it including the asphalt textures. My mistake though for not putting them into the Pavement Texture zip file, sorry.

Them square and rectangle things you see on the roads are called toppatches. Just like the ones that are in real life cities, they repair their roads with these. Some are made with asphalt and gravel.View attachment 11943 View attachment 11944 View attachment 11945

Oh I see. That looks great!

Actually I'd made the texture of the road too.
My texture feel close to the original.
9480_2016-01-04_00002.jpg 9480_2016-01-04_00003.jpg 9480_2016-01-04_00005.jpg

Oh I see. That looks great!

Actually I'd made the texture of the road too.
My texture feel close to the original.View attachment 12023

Yes, they are your textures I only darkened them. Also have you noticed the El Train tracks and the fog color in the distance in my pics? Saints Row 1 had the same fog color but as for the El Train tracks there was still more work to be done as you can see in this pic from the first game.

El_Train_on_the_SR_loading_screen.png

Yes, they are your textures I only darkened them. Also have you noticed the El Train tracks and the fog color in the distance in my pics? Saints Row 1 had the same fog color but as for the El Train tracks there was still more work to be done as you can see in this pic from the first game.

View attachment 12024

I do not aim to reproduce the color tone of the SR1. I'm simply aims to improve the image quality of SR2.
In addition I'm considering color/contrast in case of using shinobu"fix mod of squarealex when making texture.

I do not aim to reproduce the color tone of the SR1. I'm simply aims to improve the image quality of SR2.
In addition I'm considering color/contrast in case of using shinobu"fix mod of squarealex when making texture.

I do understand that you want to improve the image quality of SR2 but I did ask you a question, "What type of grime texture you're trying to make and what color? I may be able to help" , but you haven't answered me. Anyway, you are doing a great job with the HQ Texture pack and I could help you make that grime texture I asked you about. Did you know why I darkened them pavement and roads? That was my idea to make the game look more beautiful since SR1 and SR2 don't have them roads and pavements like that ;)

Back