Saints Row 5 Ideas thread

What would happen if they're also in the game as an npc?
Hmm... good question lol
maybe...
you would get new tasks in missions and if you aren't playing as a boss it like still adds boss to the cutscene or mission but you are other character in cutscene and mission

or alternate way:

changes to boss character after mission start (allows only to play as npc's in freeroam)

yes i want to play as npc.. :p
i mean that you can choose your character via cheats or something
but you can still play as boss

or atleast i wanna get character clothes like shaundi clothes , johnny gat clothes and more

Well there is a mod made by Rastaman that adds in NPC clothing for SR3. Fair warning though some of the outfits can cause the game to crash if you're playing a female character.

or atleast i wanna get character clothes like shaundi clothes , johnny gat clothes and more
R.I.P Saints Row
Well there is a mod made by Rastaman that adds in NPC clothing for SR3. Fair warning though some of the outfits can cause the game to crash if you're playing a female character.
Yes and with SDK B you will be able to create your custom outfit like shaundi's or kinzie's.

I agree with Admixon that character customization is a critically important hallmark of any Saints Row game and something I personally spend a lot of time on, particularly with my female boss character. Let's be honest -- all you male Saints Row players have secretly wished you could dress up in women's clothing, right? Men's clothing is really boring! Why should women get to wear all the good stuff? So now, with Saints Row, you can finally wear women's clothing in public and not feel self-conscious about it! Why should Bruce -- sorry, Caitlyn -- Jenner have all the fun? :D

But here's another thing you may not have considered: If you're going to spend all that time to look beautiful, you need real human people who appreciate all the effort you've gone through to look good! And when I say real human people, I don't mean "real" human people, but I'm talking about in-game "real" people -- not simulated people or aliens like in Saints Row IV. That's no fun. Aliens don't appreciate good human fashion. I think we need someone like Stefan back -- now HE appreciates good clothing! :cool:

But the same goes for car customization. You need in-game characters who appreciate all that vanity, or at least appear to. Saints Row 1 had the most life-like street people in the open world, and I'd like to see more of that. Saints Row 3 was the best for character customization, because you had some really great realistic clothing to chose from (and awesome cloth simulation) and real people to admire it. The Saints had style, and people in the open world liked it!

I think all this superpowers stuff distracts us too much from the core elements that make Saints Row really enjoyable (at least, for me).

I agree with Admixon that character customization is a critically important hallmark of any Saints Row game and something I personally spend a lot of time on, particularly with my female boss character. Let's be honest -- all you male Saints Row players have secretly wished you could dress up in women's clothing, right? Men's clothing is really boring! Why should women get to wear all the good stuff? So now, with Saints Row, you can finally wear women's clothing in public and not feel self-conscious about it! Why should Bruce -- sorry, Caitlyn -- Jenner have all the fun? :D

But here's another thing you may not have considered: If you're going to spend all that time to look beautiful, you need real human people who appreciate all the effort you've gone through to look good! And when I say real human people, I don't mean "real" human people, but I'm talking about in-game "real" people -- not simulated people or aliens like in Saints Row IV. That's no fun. Aliens don't appreciate good human fashion. I think we need someone like Stefan back -- now HE appreciates good clothing! :cool:

But the same goes for car customization. You need in-game characters who appreciate all that vanity, or at least appear to. Saints Row 1 had the most life-like street people in the open world, and I'd like to see more of that. Saints Row 3 was the best for character customization, because you had some really great realistic clothing to chose from (and awesome cloth simulation) and real people to admire it. The Saints had style, and people in the open world liked it!

I think all this superpowers stuff distracts us too much from the core elements that make Saints Row really enjoyable (at least, for me).
You also have those little touches in SR1 and SR2. Such as civs skateboarding, singing, getting into fights, doing yoga, gardening, doing construction, etc. Another thing I liked is how some districts had specific civilian types. (Power Plant has the Hazmat workers, Red Light has prostitutes, Airport has baggage handlers and flight stewardesses etc). Another neat little touch is that the civilians would react if the Boss shot someone, for example some of them would call the cops (even though oddly enough it didn't trigger any notoriety). Another thing I liked is that they explained some of the civilians strange quirks unlike SR3 where they pretty much said "we want to be a less offensive Postal 2". For example why are there so many bums in the Downtown District? Because Ultor kicked them out of the Row. Why are most of the civs fatter, uglier and more unhinged than the SR1 civilians? Because the Samedi and Ultor use Stilwater as the testing site for their drugs. Why are there so many Southern and British NPC's? Because Ultor moved a good chunk of their operations and employees to Stilwater.

And what about girls that love to play as make characters :D?
I want character customization, with more options and extreme sliders too.

Apart from that, I would like more interaction with civilians. Nothing special, but you cam maybe give charity or steal money from the beggers, or ask innoent, not so innocentor straightforward dirty questions (and every civilian can react differently), you can be educated and trow trash into apposite bins or trow trash everywhere etc...

You also have those little touches in SR1 and SR2. Such as civs skateboarding, singing, getting into fights, doing yoga, gardening, doing construction, etc.
I love those little touches! Here are a few more, mostly from Saints Row 1:
  • Saints Row 1: When a random NPC is lying injured on the street, an ambulance will sometimes come, a paramedic will get out and give the injured person CPR until they are revived, and then the player gets up and the ambulance drives away! My jaw dropped the first time I saw that one.
  • Saints Row 1: The choreography of the dancers is WAY more elaborate than Saints Row 3 and later. In Saints Row 3 the dancers basically just gyrate, but in Saints Row 1 they go through these long and varied dance routines that are actually quite impressive!
  • Saints Row 1: Even the skateboarders will occasionally just fall off their skateboards, get up, brush themselves off, and then continue. It's funny to watch.
  • Saints Row 1: Elderly people with walkers.
  • Saints Row 2: Your mentioned yoga, but also Tai Chi (with accurate moves)
And what about girls that love to play as male characters :D?
Well, that too! :D I suppose we all want what we don't have. :p
Apart from that, I would like more interaction with civilians.
I agree 100%! As I've mentioned in another topic, the street people in Saints Row 1 will talk directly to you and give you comments or advice, depending on the stage in the game you are at, and their head will turn to look directly at you (and follow you) when they are talking to you, which makes it a lot more personal. I played Saints Row 1 after I played all the other games, and I was surprised that this feature was in their oldest game but was not included in their newer games! I really hope they can add at least that much back into Saints Row 5, because it really does make a noticeable difference.

EDIT: I just wanted to add that there's another SRV Ideas thread in the Saints Row IV forum, in case anyone missed it.

Last edited:
Back