Shiny clothes for the main character

I'm using the Steelport Gang DLC Fix, and I already read the ASM file of the Fix needs to be copied to a specified folder of the Shiny mod.
The *.asm_pc files contains specific data (filesizes) that have to match with clothing 's custmesh...str2_pc files that are linked to it. ("customize_item.asm_pc" for the standard clothing and "dlc2_customize_item.asm_pc" for the gang dlc clothing)
So if you 're using the "Steelport Gang DLC Fix" mod, then you already have a modded "dlc2_customize_item.asm_pc" installed. While the *.asm_pc files, provided in my mod, are just the unmodded vanilla ones.
Do I need to remove all the files of the DLC Fix from the root before starting the batch installer?
If you want to keep using the "Steelport Gang DLC Fix", you only need to follow the instructions at my main page without touching any other file than the one mentioned at the instructions.
(Of course be aware to keep backups of the files you overwrite in the proces)
I need to run both batch installers if I want to have full use of the shiny clothes, since I have purchased the appropriate DLC's?
Can I run one installer right after the other and then copy the contents of the CUSTOM folder to my root, or must run one installer, let it finish, then cut and paste to my root, only then use the DLC installer and rinse and repeat?
I 've created a separate batch installer for the dlc clothing because the creation proces is easier for me that way.
Unfortunately, my knowledge of DOS commands is pretty poor. In fact it 's Idolninja who originaly created the standard batch installer, I did the updates afterwards.
Anyway, both installers are 100% independent of each other. So you can use both installers at once and you don 't have to use those in a specific order.
Does the mod offer a choice between the wetlook and leatherlook for all clothing involved? Or is the wetlook only for one item?
The wetlook (or shiny) mod is based on the specular settings I 've used for the clothes when I started this mod. The leatherlook mod (with new specular settings), is an improved version of the wetlook mod.
Assuming the leatherlook version would be more popular, I 've removed the wetlook version out of the attachments.

I can always upload the wetlook version back again if you would insist. But believe me when I say that, if you 've seen the leatherlook version, the wetlook version isn 't that impressive anymore.

I hope this helps.

The wetlook (or shiny) mod is based on the specular settings I've used for the clothes when I started this mod. The leatherlook mod (with new specular settings), is an improved version of the wetlook mod.
Assuming the leatherlook version would be more popular, I 've removed the wetlook version out of the attachments.

I can always upload the wetlook version back again if you would insist. But believe me when I say that, if you 've seen the leatherlook version, the wetlook version isn 't that impressive anymore.

I hope this helps.

[quote culled by Alehazar]

The wetlook looks more like a latex version of the vanilla clothes. And with some outfits that's a big pro -well, in my book anyway. Especially with tight fitting garments like the various Murder Brawl type of suits, the catsuit and some of the Leather & Lace outfits (of course then it would be Leather & Latex).

If more people would be interested in that particular kind of clothing, then a re-upload might be warranted.

Thanks for the speedy reply, btw.

I personally think they look different enough to warrant a choice in the upcoming GoS gui installer. Doubling the options though is kind of a nightmare for a batch menu system like the one it's currently using. It would likely have to go out as 2 completely separate packages. Then that brings up the headache of maintaining both of them with updates, etc etc.

I see. I 'll upload the wetlook version again as soon as possible. Updating the batch menu for usage of both versions will indeed take some time, but I have a few ideas.

Fan, I would hope you atleast did a virus scan on that before you tried to use it? No disrespect to creator if its legit but I'm sketchy of posts like that :p

Wow, good work :D.
EDIT:
I am testing it now and it is crash after press a "BUILD" button. :(

I'm confused. I has used this tool on two PCs (my and clean win 7 on vmware). All worked. Do you have crash-text message? If yes then send me with comment in to my profile. I will try to fix this problem.

Update
Found some trouble. If using folder of clothes or folder of tools from not's kit then app generate is wrong arguments string of cmdline for Gibbed tool.
Problem is fixed.
Please delete config file, update EXE file and restart mod installer.

Updated EXE file (ver. 1.0.1.1) [link]https://dl.dropbox.com/u/15120291/SR3ShinyClothesMODInstaller.rar[/link]

I'm confused. I has used this tool on two PCs (my and clean win 7 on vmware). All worked. Do you have crash-text message? If yes then send me with comment in to my profile. I will try to fix this problem.

Update
Found some trouble. If using folder of clothes or folder of tools from not's kit then app generate is wrong arguments string of cmdline for Gibbed tool.
Problem is fixed.
Please delete config file, update EXE file and restart mod installer.

Updated EXE file (ver. 1.0.1.1) [link]https://dl.dropbox.com/u/15120291/SR3ShinyClothesMODInstaller.rar[/link]
Now I can say you "Wow, good work :D."!

Just wanted to give you a big Thumbs Up for your time, effort and sharing!
126189321727864822.jpg

Adds new replay value.

Thanks!

(And also thanks to IdolNinja for providing the batch installers)

Back