so I haven't been following this mod in a while, but is there any chance of it disabling all of the forced upgrade unlocks from doing side quests (such as infinite sprint and water running)?
You can disable them by removing their entries from 'unlockables.xtbl'. Infinite sprint is called 'Sprint_zero_cost' and water running 'Sprinting_water'. You can also mess with 'sr3_city_objectives.xtbl' but it won't disable them if they're already unlocked, it'll only work with new game.
I'm not going to include this in the mod because it's supposed to improve the game and add new stuff, not completely rework it.

V1.9.7 has been released. I'm going to France for a week so I won't be available for a while.

--> CHANGELOG <--
  • Ported all strings to the XML format. Various changes and fixes have been introduced too.
  • Changed name for the Glitch Gun to the Glitchmaster 3000. It was called like that originally.
  • Included beta version of Russian translation by Arioh. It's unfinished at the moment, I'll put updated strings when I return from Paris.
  • Cleaned up the uninstaller. I've removed files from versions below V1.9.6 from the list and added Russian ones.

Any way to make the "Bullet Damage 4" and "Explosive Damage 4" + the 4 "Instant reloads" only unlockable on lvl 50?
Seems silly to have access to them at level 1. Sort of defeats their purpose a little bit.

Any way to make the "Bullet Damage 4" and "Explosive Damage 4" + the 4 "Instant reloads" only unlockable on lvl 50?
Seems silly to have access to them at level 1. Sort of defeats their purpose a little bit.
It is possible but that would make them obtainable only when starting a new game. I mean, when you reach a certain experience level, the game unlocks its upgrades only once and all upgrades which would require this level added after reaching it will be locked premanently. Since there's no save editor for SR IV, I don't want to force everyone to start the game all over again just to get these upgrades.

Anyway, still, you need to buy unlimited ammo upgrades in order to unlock instant reload ones and all previous damage levels before unlocking the fourth one so you won't be able to get this stuff at level 1.

It is possible but that would make them obtainable only when starting a new game. I mean, when you reach a certain experience level, the game unlocks its upgrades only once and all upgrades which would require this level added after reaching it will be locked premanently. Since there's no save editor for SR IV, I don't want to force everyone to start the game all over again just to get these upgrades.

Anyway, still, you need to buy unlimited ammo upgrades in order to unlock instant reload ones and all previous damage levels before unlocking the fourth one so you won't be able to get this stuff at level 1.
Ah, well in that case, my message is kind of pointless ^_^
But thanks for the quick reply!

(Also thanks for your mod: Disabled angular damping It's really great!)

Eh, it looks like I fucked up again - I've accidentaly removed unlockable which enabled gang customization so it isn't available anymore. I'm working on V1.9.8 with some completely new upgrades (superpowers for homies without loyality missions, additional gang types) but if you want gang customization now, download 'Gang customization patch' from the OP.

By the way, I'm pretty surprised that anyone hasn't noticed this. :p

Back