SR3 Texture Utilities

Ummm..
I have NO idea how to use this.
I don't know how to use it in command line,I'm decently sure my C++ is fine and whenever I put an asm_pc file onto the unpacker it does absolutely nothing except a command window comes out and disappears instantaneously.

Ummm..
I have NO idea how to use this.
I don't know how to use it in command line,I'm decently sure my C++ is fine and whenever I put an asm_pc file onto the unpacker it does absolutely nothing except a command window comes out and disappears instantaneously.

You need to drag either a cpeg_pc or cvbm_pc file onto the unpacker. They contain the texture file information.

You will need to update any corresponding asm_pc file once you have repacked the textures but you need a seperate tool do that. You can get it from this thread. It's the UpdateASM tool.

If you need any error information you will have to run the tool from the command line. In the start menu search box type cmd and the command line window will open. Drag the unpacker into the command line box and it will automagically fill in the file name of the utility. Click on the command box press space. Now drag the file you wish to unpack into the command box and again it will fill in the filename of the file. Click on the command box again and press enter. The unpack should run and display any info in the command box.

Edit: Spelling mistake. Firefox has disabled my spell checker for some reason?

Hmm, I think there's still something wrong with unpacking of some textures. Try for example customize_item.vpp_pc\custmesh_-115859699f.str2_pc\cm_bra_f_lp02.cpeg_pc! This is the result:
cm_bra_f_lp01_d.tga.jpg

If you could have a look, please...
Btw - great tool! Thanks for that!

I'm new to modding. I am simply trying to mod the tattoos in SRTT. It took me a bit to figure out how to unpack and finally convert the files to dds format, but I got past that. Initially I thought it was going to work, I got the Nvidia DDS plugin for Photoshop and installed it. I run PS CS5 extended. I modified the file, tried to repack the files and after reading the posts here I know that I didn't update the ASM correctly which is why it didn't work.

Ever since then though, when I try to open the dds files in photoshop, the file opens up blank. As I've said it worked initially, it just stopped working at some point or maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Anyone else have this problem and/or have a solution?

Excuse me for my English. But I didn't understand as to transform (or to pack) changed tga.DDs files in game. I changed color of a sword on red, but couldn't insert it into game. Perhaps to hundred explain as it to make.

Обнови .asm_pc
можно немного поточнее, у меня либо переводчик сбоит или я неправильно разобрался (русским текстом)))

Okay so im confused , When i drag something like for example; bandage 1.str2_pc i get the error not a valid cpeg_pc file etc.. now im just confused on how do i make it into that file type so I can edit and re pack it? thank you for the time.
I dont want to sound unclear but am i not unpacking them right in the first place with gibbed or am i not going to the right places to find the .cpeg files? I did find one decal_containers.cpeg_pc but even when i drag to unpack that it gives me another error

Back