SRV Confirmed + New great info!

Man, after 3 and 4 I don't even want a 5. 4 was fun and all, but I know we'll never get a game like 2 again. I don't even think Volition knows what made 2 so great. I'd have to go into this without any expectations at all, because I don't want to be disappointed again.
I agree, even if I haven't any problem with Sainst Row 3 and 4.

Honestly, I didn't care for 2 that much. I found it clunky, unintuitive, difficult to follow, and too slowly paced. 3 and 4 were chock full of huge improvements and were light years more fun for me. I am looking forward to 5, but I do hope it's in a new city or 4, and spread across eras in time. We don't need to do Stillwater or Steelport again.

Work they got paid for. With our money. Just pointing out.

You'd literally start a crusade on piracy if you could, yet you don't seem to understand the concept of capitalism very well. Tell me something, are you an idiot or just f***ing stupid?

I'd start a crusade against piracy too. I also understand if someone pirates, they don't get paid.

Having said this, I think it's silly for someone to moderate someone's beliefs. If we have paid for the game, we should be able to gripe. I don't have anything to really gripe about, in regards to Volition's decisions because they try to make up for imperfections and take the time to develop tools for the community here. However, it's ridiculous to tell people they can't have a platform to say what they like and disliked, feedback Volition has actually asked for in the past. That kind of social power grab from staff will kill this community faster than Volition can put the final SDK tools out.

That's odd, because *snip*
We get it, you didn't like SR3 or SR4. Certain games appeal to certain people. And while you really liked SR2 (and I'm sure a lot of other people did), I (and I am sure others) was not that impressed. I don't hate the game, I just didn't find it that fun, and I did find SR3 and 4 immensely fun. These are all opinions and what not, we are all entitled to have one, and one doesn't have to be demeaning, condescending, or rude when giving their opinion or responding to a different point of view. I didn't attack your child, I mearely stated my opinion and made some suggestions for the next game. No need to be angry.

I would like this conversation to be less negative. Shallow insults of the work that people have done stop here.

If you'd like to make constructive suggestions for what you want out of a game, go ahead.

OK:
- skills - you have to buy them. No rewards (for skills). I want to choose how to customize my character (I don't want unlimited stamina/life)
- Possibility to choose to not carry any weapon even when you bought them.
- More ability (other than walking/running, jumping, using weapons, fighting, driving and swimming on surface), and more varied mission with more content.
- Exploration.

We get it, you didn't like SR3 or SR4. Certain games appeal to certain people. And while you really liked SR2 (and I'm sure a lot of other people did), I (and I am sure others) was not that impressed. I don't hate the game, I just didn't find it that fun, and I did find SR3 and 4 immensely fun. These are all opinions and what not, we are all entitled to have one, and one doesn't have to be demeaning, condescending, or rude when giving their opinion or responding to a different point of view. I didn't attack your child, I mearely stated my opinion and made some suggestions for the next game. No need to be angry.

I liked all three, for different reasons.

Last edited:
If I could get a nice blend of all 4 games, with the tone of 2, and the polish of 3 and 4, that would make my day.
I will agree with you here.
I also agree with you on the superpowers detracting from the vehicle system, there was just no need for cars or aircraft very early in SR4. I actually prefer the way they handled it in SR3, you had super powers only for part of the mission series and then gone.

I do hope that the new game will not be based in a simulation again with powers that trivialize and obsolete large parts of the environment. I am a natural explorer, I need to discover everything.

This reminds me, SR4 is also releasing for the next gen consoles with improved graphics. Does that mean that PC owners of the game will get an update to make the graphics better than what they are right now?

This reminds me, SR4 is also releasing for the next gen consoles with improved graphics. Does that mean that PC owners of the game will get an update to make the graphics better than what they are right now?
I seriously doubt the graphics are any better pc version will always be better then the consoles always I am pretty pisted they are bundling the expansion for free with all dlc and the game for those console players for just 30 bucks thats a kick in the balls there.voltion make console players pay for the expansion as well thats pretty unfair if you give them it for free.

Back