SPOILERS About The Ending... (Please Finish game before Viewing)

I'm betting either on it all being a sim, or in a follow-up game/DLC we pull the ol' switcheroo with Earth, using time travel to snatch some other equal-sized planet and zapping it into Earth's place just before Zinyak atomizes it (his homeworld, perhaps?) Future SR games would lack any real oomph if there's no more Earth to take over.

Actually, looking back at the Earth Scene, it doesn't even look like Earth at all, there are absolutely no distinguishable features on the surface and in all honesty it's much too bright for earth's atmosphere, even if you happened to be viewing the most ocean covered part of it there should always be at least one continent visible.

It might not have been Earth at all that got blown up there?

I'm pretty sure I'm not. Even if many fans did rage about it, it didn't come even close to the ME3 fiasco.

That's because Bioware's fanbase are notoriously awful, whiny and very, very loud. It's also a larger fanbase on top. And I say this as a fan of both the DA and ME series.

There was plenty of outrage and complaints about it.

That's because Bioware's fanbase are notoriously awful, whiny and very, very loud. It's also a larger fanbase on top. And I say this as a fan of both the DA and ME series.

There was plenty of outrage and complaints about it.

Are you really going to claim that the ME3 debacle wouldn't have outraged any fanbase?
There are certainly parts of the Bioware fanbase that are terrible, but the ME3 reaction wasn't due to that. The ending was that bad, and far worse than Human Revolution's.
Partly because Shepard is more investable a character than Whiny McBeardly and partly because a monkey wildly bashing a typewriter could've written something better than ME3's ending. Or beginning. Or most of the main plot for that matter. Or Citadel.

.. actually the only part of ME3 that wasn't written like 3rd rate fanfiction was Tuchanka. Of course people did like to concentrate on that ending and act like it was the only problem.
At least SRIV is self aware of it's silliness.

Are you really going to claim that the ME3 debacle wouldn't have outraged any fanbase?
There are certainly parts of the Bioware fanbase that are terrible, but the ME3 reaction wasn't due to that. The ending was that bad, and far worse than Human Revolution's.
Partly because Shepard is more investable a character than Whiny McBeardly and partly because a monkey wildly bashing a typewriter could've written something better than ME3's ending. Or beginning. Or most of the main plot for that matter. Or Citadel.

Also, it was the third game into the series and they promised to deliver an ending that would reflect all your choices actually mattered. They build an interesting universe with very engaging characters for such a shitty payoff, of course people were going to feel betrayed

The whole plot is stupid, not just the ending. Wouldn't it have made more sense if the aliens actually took over Earth and the Saints would fight to free it? In other words, wouldn't have made more sense if the story actually took place on Earth, in the real Steelport rather than some simulation?

Apart from how stupid it is to play a video game IN a video game (cause let's face it, that's what Simulated Steelport is), killing simulated people just feels demoralizing. What's satisfying about killing a man that doesn't even have a name, an identity or a family waiting for him to come home? Nothing! Gat would agree.

I also don't see why they had to bring back all these antagonists that we've already killed. Wouldn't it have made more sense if it brought back characters that are actually still alive instead of blowing up Earth as an excuse? Like Dex? Or Killbane? Or Troy?

No. You can't know what happened to Dex. No one can, ever...

.. actually the only part of ME3 that wasn't written like 3rd rate fanfiction was Tuchanka. Of course people did like to concentrate on that ending and act like it was the only problem.
At least SRIV is self aware of it's silliness.

No, I was claiming that I'm pretty sure it was particularly terrible because Bioware's fanbase is as it is. I'm sure there'd have been grumbling otherwise, but it wouldn't have been nearly as bad as it was. You probably don't agree, though, which is totes fine!

I had fucking better before the SR4 DLC is over. You hear me, Volition! :mad:

It probably isn't canon, but doesn't the Money Shot spin-off have him shot in the head?

Back