Gentlemen of Steelport Compilation

Thanks for the hard work on GoS, IdolNinja. I have 2 question though:

#1: With the existing (Beta 3) version, I got the "billboard" mod files (or at least I thought they was) no matter what I choose, even when choosing not to install anything including the core. My solution right now is to do "install nothing" which leads only to the extra billboard files, move the files from "MY_CUSTOM_SR3_MODS" folder, then install everything I needed, then do a folder diff between the 2 and remove the billboard files. As far as I play SR3 right now, there's no problem to the game when installing this way.

#2: At the start of this thread there's a mention that Gibbed figures a way to add new tattoos. Whatever happen to that? I was kinda hoping new tattoo selection when installing GoS.

When the new Enter the Dominatrix billboards hit, Volition changed the way they were loaded in-game. i.e. the Volition patch caused the the gvbm and cvbm billboard files to load loosely from patch_compressed.vpp_pc instead of packed within the str2_pc files where they were originally. So, the release version of GoS beta 3 at the time had an option to restore the original billboards by simply loading the original cvbm and gvbm files loosely. This all worked correctly at the time.

A week or so later and Volition cancelled ETD and restored the way the billboards loaded. i.e. back to loading from the packed str2_pc files. What this essentially did was make that GoS option useless since the vanilla billboards always load no matter what. The bottom line is that the billboards option does not currently work in the latest GoS release.

But, I have all the files from that time, so there will be an option in the upcoming gui GoS to choose either the originals or the ETD ones. :)

Regarding tattoos, people need to actually make new ones first. Gameqube has done some excellent work in that regard, though his mods replace existing tattoos rather than add new. Check the mod release subforum for his character mods thread. These will all be included in the upcoming gui GoS release as well.

do you have an ETA for the alpha idolninja? i totally can't wait for it.

Might I ask in what language the GUI is written? Will it be truly portable? Just want to be prepared and hope I won't have to go through a complicated path like the save game editor.

Might I ask in what language the GUI is written? Will it be truly portable? Just want to be prepared and hope I won't have to go through a complicated path like the save game editor.

It's written in VB.

Back