Saints Row 4 Announce Teaser

SR 2 + GotR = Absolutely epic combination. Idol has done some wonderfull work on the GotR mod :). In co-op it's even more fun though.

a small thing I noticed, but I'll take any news in this incredibly (and unnecessarily) -dry spell

http://www.polygon.com/2013/4/12/4151624/saint-row-4-volition

In addition to improving locomotion and combat (thanks, superpowers!) the team also targeted mission structure as a key area to improve. In Saints Row: The Third, players used an in-game cell phone to retrieve missions, but that system often felt disconnected from the game’s narrative, we were told.
SR4
Aliens

"We had everything laid out in structures and it all flowed together in a big chart that we had but then when you actually play the game it doesn’t really flow that way," Phillips said. "And, so in Saints Row 4 we changed to more of a quest log structure and you tell what’s next, the missions are more organized.

"It's just a better structure to pull people through the game."

so at least this confirms the campaign will make more sense this time around, instead of allowing cases where we can almost be done with the main story but still have Angel or Kinzie's activity arcs to do.

The info about accessing new open worlds and dropping in and out of them as you want is making me more optimistic about this game, as well as all that customization and gameplay-is-tied-into-everything stuff. However the trailer is still worrying me, why release footage so heavy in assets from the past game if they're supposedly adding so much new stuff? I mean, not even showing new cars or pedestrians, really? I'm cautiously excited but I won't consider getting it until I get to see more gameplay and a proper answer to our questions.

Also, logging out of the dominatrix or whatever and going out to stir shit up in Washington as the president sounds really really awesome. Here's hoping you get to do that.

while I do think they could've showed a lot more new stuff in the trailer, most of the SR3.1.2 complainers don't seem to comprehend that it was a teaser trailer. It wasn't supposed to show off the whole game. In fact one of SR3's biggest problems was that some monkey in the THQ marketing department thought it was a great idea to show off entire missions as part of the build-up to release. Remember when IGN unintentionally spoiled Zombie Gat in one of their videos? Remember when we got to see the entire deckers.die mission (arguably the best mission in the game), first split apart in a trailer, then in its entirety for free?

I'm seeing a pattern between SR4 and Dead Island Riptide, which also has been shown off sparingly. One may think they aren't being shown off much because there isn't much to show off to begin with, but I really think this is just Deep Silver's way of doing things marketing-wise, so they aren't going to spoil everything within one video.

And while I wish they would show a demo video already, I think at this point they're just gonna wait until E3 or something. IMO they could stand to release a video beforehand, otherwise they're gonna get lost in all the next-gen console news.

I remember reading something from Aubrey from Deep Silver that they asked Volition to do that teaser at the very last minute. I'm thinking that perhaps Volition simply didn't have time to make sure all the pieces/snippets are SRIV related.

I've been invited out to LA next week by Steve Jaros from Volition for "saints row shenanigans," including hands on time with SRIV and a chance to see the "recording process" (whatever that is.)

Of course that means I'll be under NDA so will have to stop speculating on the game, but I think that's a fair trade off for the motherfucking awesome chance to be a part of this. :D

Back