SR3 Save Editor C

I just finished Genkibowl and Gangstas In Space DLCs, and so I unlocked the vehicles, Verminator, Genkimobile, Scythe and Aegean. But these vehicles do not appear on the garage editor, so I can't make a backup of "blank" versions of it. But the vehicles Bloody Cannoness and Nyte Blayde do.
Any reason?

I got a dilemma. This tool uses Java 7 (1.7.x), while the one I've got on my system is Java 6 (1.6.x). The problem is I got many other tools which relies on Java 6 and not compatible with Java 7. I have tested this tool with Java 6 and it's not compatible, and I've tried to upgrade to Java 7, while this tool works my other tools don't. Tried to find updates for my other tools and there are none.

What can I do to resolve this? Can someone pls compile it for Java 6? Can I run 2 different Java runtime in one system?

My main use of the tool is to temporarily give back a territory to the original gang so I can finish a mission (i.e. assassination). Is there any other way to do this without using this tool?

Corrodias will need to answer your java questions, but for the assassination you could use Sandbox+ which lets you set notoriety individually for each gang using keyboard shortcuts.
http://www.saintsrowmods.com/forum/index.php?threads/sandbox-for-srtt.1076/
Thanks for the info. Will try. BTW, is the latest version of Sandbox+ is .51 Alpha? And why do I get a "500 internal server error" when trying to access your site?

I'd really like to use the tool though, especially when the character customization export/import is implemented. Hope there's a solution to my dilemma.

Thanks for the info. Will try. BTW, is the latest version of Sandbox+ is .51 Alpha? And why do I get a "500 internal server error" when trying to access your site?

I'd really like to use the tool though, especially when the character customization export/import is implemented. Hope there's a solution to my dilemma.

Thanks for the heads up. Looking into what's going on for my site.

Yes, .51 alpha is the latest version of Sandbox+. The thread in mod releases will always have the latest version attached in the OP.
http://www.saintsrowmods.com/forum/index.php?threads/sandbox-for-srtt.1076/

EDIT:
There was an issue with my hosting and migrating my site to a new server. It's back up now. :)

EDIT:
There was an issue with my hosting and migrating my site to a new server. It's back up now. :)
Will see it later, thanks.

I've read that it's possible to have multiple Java version installed on an OS, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to switch between versions. The env vars/path/registry hack solution I found on the net are not working for me and it'll always default to the latest (Java 7), so my Java 6 tools suffered.

A temporary solution to my dilemma is installing Linux Mint LXDE on VirtualBox, then install OpenJDK/JRE 7 on top of it (wow, a 4gb install just to use a 58kb tool...). It works, though the tool is screaming about win registry API missing and I have to transfer the save files manually between the 2 OS :D

Unfortunately, there's one kink of the solution. Because of X window's font handling differs to that of Windows, over half of the GUI is out of view. While other tabs have scroll bars to compensate, the Player tab doesn't, and I can't access 3/4 of the settings there.

So here I am pleading to Corrodias to add a scroll bar to the Player tab, and, if possible, making the main window vertical resolution defaults to the current screen vertical resolution minus 32 pixels (to compensate for the taskbar).

Will see it later, thanks.

I've read that it's possible to have multiple Java version installed on an OS, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to switch between versions. The env vars/path/registry hack solution I found on the net are not working for me and it'll always default to the latest (Java 7), so my Java 6 tools suffered.

This is just a guess, as I only have 1 version of Java installed, and do not have the save editor installed, but you should be able to set your Java version in the Control Panel.

Control Panel -> Java -> Java Tab -> View -> Disable (Uncheck) the one you do NOT want to use -> OK -> OK

Control Panel -> Java -> Java Tab -> View -> Disable (Uncheck) the one you do NOT want to use -> OK -> OK
Thanks for the suggestion, but I've tried that 1st, and not working. That setting is intended for the browser plugin (IE???) version of Java, but won't affect standalone Java apps. I've came to a conclusion that for standalone Java apps, reg hack is required. The env vars are deprecated for newer Java version (i.e. 6 & 7) on Windows, cos on this OS (7 at least) all env vars are on registry anyways. Problem is I have no luck finding the right reg keys to edit.

Finally, a solution to my dilemma. Now I'm able to run the tool in my win 7.

What it requires is a "manual" install of JRE7. For future reference, here's how:
  • Get the latest JRE7 offline installer from Oracle
  • Get 7-Zip from the official site
  • Use 7-Zip to extract the installer and get the file "core.zip"
  • Extract "core.zip" to a folder, say "C:\jre7"
  • Go to "C:\jre7\lib" folder; there's a bunch of "*.pack" files there which needs to be extracted to their corresponding "*.jar". Command line is inevitable. Do it like this:
c:\jre7\bin\unpack200 rt.pack rt.jar​
do that for every "*.pack" file, replacing "rt" with the actual names of the file​
  • Run the tool with JRE7 absolute path:
c:\jre7\bin\java -jar SR3_Save_Editor_C.jar​
As for the other thing, about the Player tab GUI, seems Corrodias is busy doing something else, but kind enough to also release the source code. So, after a java dev crash course, I mod the source to be:
  • Player tab: More consistent between Windows & Linux
  • Player tab: don't exceed the vertical res of a 1024x768 display
  • Main Window: respect screen resolution for 1024x768 display or lower, fix it to 1024x768 for higher res
I've attached some shots of the original and the modded Player tab, on both Win and Linux to see the difference.

Attachments

• orig_version_win.png
    orig_version_win.png
    60.1 KB · Views: 539
  • orig_version_linux.png
    orig_version_linux.png
    37.8 KB · Views: 557
  • mod_version_win.png
    mod_version_win.png
    63.5 KB · Views: 559
  • mod_version_linux.png
    mod_version_linux.png
    47.5 KB · Views: 872
So can this be used also to disable dlc-upgrade or reward? (For instance when you keep the tower instead of blowing it, you gain a multiplier in respect... if i remember right. Can you remove it?)
Can you also re-add them afterward?
If yes, this solved any problem with the vampire dlc, AND (if allow also to remove "mission-rewards" stuffs) the Unlockable dlc, right?

Back