What do you think about the Boss of the Third Street Saints? *Spoiler alert!*

We all love the boss! But do you want...

• Total voters
You told me you played SR2 many times (12 on console, 4 on PC), but you never got the bonus secret mission on SR2?!
Now I gotta tell you, nearly all of you are extremely strange. You use a female character when you're a male, and you use a male character when you're a female? What is this? "How it is to be a man/woman" simulation? I'm freaked out.

Of course I saw the real ending of the game, with Julius. Where he clearly states, and that scene clearly proves that the boss has indeed turned psycho. Not really willing to listen to Julius, and shooting him imediately. I have mixed feelings about that scene. For one, I was like "Fuck you, Julius!" But I also thought "shit.. He does make a point" and the way the boss acts at that moment doesn't really help disprove Julius' arguements.

As for your judgement about playing a different gender in games, I don't really see a problem. It's a game. So you would never play a game like Tomb Raider because you play a female? That is really shallow minded. Didn't expect that from you.

...or maybe I kinda did. ;)

Julius was an idiot anyway. Boss says it himself, he could TRY telling him to stop, but no, he just directly set a bomb to kill him and that dumbass mayor. Even Troy told Julius to do what he thinks would be best on the boss. And I disagree with Julius, fuck him. Motherfucker is only right about boss turning into a psychopath, but so what? That is human nature. If you got the hands to it, you don't go with reason unless you're very prudent but instinct to attempt a domination. It's Machiavellian theory right there, except not the "Even good humans can be bad, given the chance".

It's true that it was kind of nice to fight alongside with Julius, it's like a "Mentor's good ol' times", but if boss thought about it too, then he's right in a paranoid way, there's no way he can let Julius live considering he tried to kill him once, he might try again despite him helping him.

Besides, does the boss even have any history himself? Like if he ever studied, was with his parents, etc. I heard in SR, the start was that Julius saved him and forced him into his gang. What about the older times of him...Or her anyway? Was he bullied?

I don't want to imagine boss is actually Jimmy Hopkins from Bully.

And that's no judgement, it's a thought. Or is it actually the same? Bah, human opinions are all the same to me, don't have to be mad when they "bash" it or misunderstand it but you still do. What I'm saying is, that I find it strange how a male in real life chooses to play as a female character and viceversa. It's like a "How does it feel to be a man/woman" simulation. Instead of telling me that my judgement is bad and such, you should have told me a reasonable reason (what the fuck, twins?!) of why.

I'm not homosexual myself, but I do have the rights to like virility, just like all of you do have the right to it. Personal stuff, I don't have hatred or dislike for women, sadly I seem to have problems with them and I don't even know why, yet I still love them and their muliebrity. Except the whorish, bitchy ones that pretty much just like being used. I want an almost-Amazonic, free spirit one with a sense of discipline. I don't trust in that theory about how if your personality and ideologies match one person, you can be sure that if you get in any relationship with her it would be a lot better, because I actually did that, and it was horrible.

Well, this was personal stuff, it is off-topic but perhaps you can now understand me, huh? If not, there's always eatin' ya'll alive!

Opinions are just that, when someone doesn't agree with you, calling them strange in response isn't really cool that's all. If my post about judging people earlier hit home in any way: good, to be honest.

And during Asha's rescue mission the boss actually mentions their past saying that nothing even MATTERS to them before they became a saint. And they mention their parents briefly too, in a dismissive, 'lets not go there' way.

The Boss was right to off Julius. Julius had his reasons, sure, but he didn't even really attempt to get The Boss to drop his flags in SR1 (From what I remember), he just said "Fuck it, let's bomb him and Hughes"

Good job Julius, with the power vacuum created by your imploding the Saints, three new gangs rose up and took over Stilwater again. So much for cleaning up the streets and so much for integrity. In the end Julius was a traitor and got a traitors death.

Julius's reasoning about attempting to kill the player by blowing up Alderman Hughes's boat never quite fit with me. I know the player/boss/president/protagonist is a psycho, and I know nothing short of killing him/her would stop them, but the rest of Julius's actions and reasons don't quite fit with someone honestly trying to permanently leave the game. Julius went into hiding afterwards and accepted a job at Ultor just like Dex. That's not evil in itself, but if I just ended my street gang and wanted to go straight I would've left the city all together and never looked back much like King did towards the end of SR1, otherwise there would be a target on my back. Julius knew that without a gang or equivalent force thereof to keep Stilwater from falling into chaos, new gangs would takeover. That was exactly what happened: three new gangs and an overly-ambitious, power-hungry clothing corporation took Stilwater and flipped it on its head. It seems Julius had some ulterior motives for his actions, especially because he didn't try to leave Stilwater, nor did he attempt to help any of his friends after the Saints fell apart. Those are just my thoughts.

In Julius' audiologs he talks about how he didn't even regret causing that, only tha
Julius's reasoning about attempting to kill the player by blowing up Alderman Hughes's boat never quite fit with me. I know the player/boss/president/protagonist is a psycho, and I know nothing short of killing him/her would stop them, but the rest of Julius's actions and reasons don't quite fit with someone honestly trying to permanently leave the game. Julius went into hiding afterwards and accepted a job at Ultor just like Dex. That's not evil in itself, but if I just ended my street gang and wanted to go straight I would've left the city all together and never looked back much like King did towards the end of SR1, otherwise there would be a target on my back. Julius knew that without a gang or equivalent force thereof to keep Stilwater from falling into chaos, new gangs would takeover. That was exactly what happened: three new gangs and an overly-ambitious, power-hungry clothing corporation took Stilwater and flipped it on its head. It seems Julius had some ulterior motives for his actions, especially because he didn't try to leave Stilwater, nor did he attempt to help any of his friends after the Saints fell apart. Those are just my thoughts.
Yeah those Julius Audiologs don't really make him sound sorry for what he did to the 'playa' character, more upset about his personal losses.

I'm the one and only person who plays SR2 and SR3, and if I get SR4 then SR4 as a male?

Some of us play female, some of us male. Some both. I play female 95% of the time (the other 5% being male because I just had to make Richard Hawk from Metal Wolf Chaos).
It's good to have choice anyway. I mean real choice. Not Rockstar style "here are 3 protagonists and they're all male" choice.

Julius is a backstabbing scumbag, but we didn't know that in SR1... although Troy had "undercover cop" written all over him.
Dex said it best: "The tactics, the police station thing, your shitty haircut – you got "cop" written all over you."

Back