Mod Request: No Map Boundaries

The waypoint that you're teleported to doesn't exist unless you're inside the mission. I mean, it's a good line of thinking. That is simply why we can't use the exact same code.

Wait, there's another teleport function. I think i got this.

This will put you right in front of the bank:
teleport_to_object(LOCAL_PLAYER, "m01", true, nil, 1000.0, 100.0, 1500.0)

The last 3 values are X offset (higher = west), Z offset (higher = up), and Y offset (higher = south).

Unfortunately, it actually does still force you out of the area if you spawn past the barrier. Strange. I guess just spawning past it isn't the key.

Is Keep Says "Saints Need You In Steelport"

Oh Hell!!!
My Steam Account Get Hacked
I Try it To Logging IN To Steam,And The STEAM Not RESPONDING,And I Try Logging In TO Steam Website Is Says"You Insert Wrong Password" WTF!!!
I Type The Password Correct
ANY HELP???

Oh Hell!!!
I Try it To Logging IN To Steam,And The STEAM Not RESPONDING,And I Try Logging In TO Steam Website Is Says"You Insert Wrong Password" WTF!!!
ANY HELP???
dont post that here, post it in the help section

Oh Hell!!!
ANY HELP???

Did the dog also eat your homework as well?

Pirate: Mods lock up my game!
Me: Are you using the legal Steam version?
Pirate: Of course I am! I am using both the legal version and a pirated version!
Me: Why would you even do that? You had better prove you own the game.
Pirate: ZOMG MY STEAM ACCOUNT IS HAX0R3D
Me: *facepalm

A summary of what i know so far.

Stilwater in the first mission is sitting on top of the open world boundary, for some reason. It was probably designed and placed at some distance early in development, before the boundaries were decided on. The mission script loads the "stilwater" zone, and there are a couple of bank-related zones as well.

We can load Stilwater, but if you try to get too close to the bank, you're pushed back by the map boundary. You can see the very top of the bank, but the rest of it either isn't visible unless you're on the other side, or is entirely not loaded. Maybe the interior of the bank exists in the m01 files, but if that were possible, you'd think that they'd put the entirety of Stilwater in it, and i don't think any other missions work that way. No, i suspect that it's just not visible from the outside. It's hard to tell when you can't get close, though.

When you're in the mission, the boundary is not enforced. I don't know why. There's nothing in the mission script that toggles it, so it may be hard-coded in the engine, or it may be something that's changed by the game loading the zone information that's inside the mission files. Surely the engine enforces the boundary during other missions, especially those where you have flying vehicles? So if it's hard-coded, it's coded to do it only during mission 1.

I wonder whether it's possible to swap a couple of the missions around, and what would happen if we did. Shouldn't be too hard, just swapping filenames... ah, but the asm file expects them to contain certain files. Well, maybe this is not so easy. I guess i need to expand the asm file and do a little xml surgery.

By playing with the city lua file, i can have it put me into the wrong location after starting the mission, which lets me return to Steelport on foot, but it would take some modding effort to make it let you enter a vehicle (m01 prevents you from entering vehicles, normally). Probably not worth it, but hey, you could then presumably fly around out of bounds all you wanted. Hoo rah. Given the way this game handles most unexpected events, it would probably just crash after a while.

You can teleport yourself to the area beyond the boundary, but it's still enforced: the game takes control away from you and has your character (very clumsily) attempt to run back toward Steelport until you're within bounds.

By playing with the city lua file, i can have it put me into the wrong location after starting the mission, which lets me return to Steelport on foot, but it would take some modding effort to make it let you enter a vehicle (m01 prevents you from entering vehicles, normally). Probably not worth it, but hey, you could then presumably fly around out of bounds all you wanted. Hoo rah. Given the way this game handles most unexpected events, it would probably just crash after a while
So you mean Make it pawn you in the wrong location, outside of the bank, so that you aren't trapped in the bank, and then (if you can restore the vehicle usage) fly around outside of the boundries. Correct?

I was thinking, if we can't go outside the bank (there seems to be some kind of force field covering the windows so you can't jump out,and covering the big hole i the wall so you can't jump out there either) then how are we going to get in if we break the boundry? if we can't get in, our only hope is to make a teleporter mod that teleports you inside the bank, then when your done inside, outside the bank again

and with the bottom part of the bank look at my picture and read the message #49

Back