What do you think about the Boss of the Third Street Saints? *Spoiler alert!*

We all love the boss! But do you want...

• Total voters
You can play it before completing the game, I know I did. The only requirement IIRC is doing the Julius mission.
The setting itself from refreshing my memories looking at videos is vague. It doesn't say it takes place after the ending and doesn't say it doesn't either. The dialogue fits either way.
It contains no information that you'd only get at the ending, whereas and DLC related to time travel would.
During the DLC, Julius' death, the Pyramid and the Masako's assault on the Saints are mentioned in conversations between Pierce and Gryphon, you and Gryphon, and you and Dex. Plus, Eric Gryphon get's Vogel's position after you kill him. Even though you can play Corporate Warfare and Revelation prior to beating the game, they chronologically take place afterwards.

Last edited:
During the DLC, Julius' death, the Pyramid and the Masako's assault on the Saints are mentioned in conversations between Pierce and Gryphon, you and Gryphon, and you and Dex. Plus, Eric Gryphon get's Vogel's position after you kill him. Even though you can play Corporate Warfare and Revelation prior to beating the game, they chronologically take place afterwards.

It may officially take place afterwards in the continuity (I'm assuming) but it doesn't have to. None of those things you mention are from the ending. I already mentioned that the Julius mission was a requirement.
Eric being Vogel's successor isn't spoken of in the DLC nor does anything in it require him to be CEO at that point. The mention of the Pyramid is along the lines of "I've heard stories of what goes on there."

I never liked the idea of the Boss being a total sociopath. I don't like playing a character whose pretty much a bad person with 0 morality. Or rather, I don't like that it was the only option in 2. I'd like to have the option to prove Julius wrong and actually make the Saints about keeping people in Stilwater safe and stuff. So I liked the softer Boss in 3 and 4 much more. Still pretty sociopathic but at least you have a few choices to not be.

Fallout 3... Mass Effect 3... and oh that's right, SAINTS ROW 2!

Fallout 3 had DLC at the end? I know I downloaded all DLC packs but I could just play those missions at the start when I exit the vault.. Must be one I missed, I dunno.
I think you can play all ME3 DLC mid game like in ME1 and 2, but then again, I can't be sure, as I haven't bought any DLC from that game after the worst ending in gaming history (Well, dissapointing really... I am sure there are some who appreciated the ending, but I didn't. =P I stopped the game as soon as Shepard was sucked up the citadel. ) And sure, there is the free DLC that adds dialogue to the terrible ending, but.. that is not really a DLC mission. Just added info. And it takes place during the end, not after. But yes, I guess that is one of the only games with DLC that you only see at the end. I might think about downloading ME3 DLC missions when I play through ME1, 2 and 3 again someday, hoping BioWare finally has the balls to do what they planned to do from day one: Create the real ending DLC like with ME2, but after all the comotion about DLC, BioWare is scared to make the real ending DLC. That is my theory anyway. And Saints Row 2 takes place after the ending, but.. As mentioned before, it can be activated early in the game. But I would have to get my XBOX out of the attic to test that theory. And the attic is a terrible mess, so.. I'll just take Mist3457's word for it. ^^

Fallout 3 had DLC at the end? I know I downloaded all DLC packs but I could just play those missions at the start when I exit the vault.. Must be one I missed, I dunno.
I think you can play all ME3 DLC mid game like in ME1 and 2, but then again, I can't be sure, as I haven't bought any DLC from that game after the worst ending in gaming history (Well, dissapointing really... I am sure there are some who appreciated the ending, but I didn't. =P I stopped the game as soon as Shepard was sucked up the citadel. ) And sure, there is the free DLC that adds dialogue to the terrible ending, but.. that is not really a DLC mission. Just added info. And it takes place during the end, not after. But yes, I guess that is one of the only games with DLC that you only see at the end. I might think about downloading ME3 DLC missions when I play through ME1, 2 and 3 again someday, hoping BioWare finally has the balls to do what they planned to do from day one: Create the real ending DLC like with ME2, but after all the comotion about DLC, BioWare is scared to make the real ending DLC. That is my theory anyway. And Saints Row 2 takes place after the ending, but.. As mentioned before, it can be activated early in the game. But I would have to get my XBOX out of the attic to test that theory. And the attic is a terrible mess, so.. I'll just take Mist3457's word for it. ^^

Broken Steel or whatever for FO3 was endgame DLC - it gave you more to do after the game ended.

Yeah a lot of people bitched about the ending, much like they did for Mass Effect 3 a few years later. Difference is Fallout 3 fans actually had a good reason to bitch, what good is a sandbox action-RPG if you can't roam freely after beating the game?

I think you can play all ME3 DLC mid game like in ME1 and 2, but then again, I can't be sure, as I haven't bought any DLC from that game after the worst ending in gaming history (Well, dissapointing really... I am sure there are some who appreciated the ending, but I didn't. =P I stopped the game as soon as Shepard was sucked up the citadel. ) And sure, there is the free DLC that adds dialogue to the terrible ending, but.. that is not really a DLC mission. Just added info. And it takes place during the end, not after. But yes, I guess that is one of the only games with DLC that you only see at the end. I might think about downloading ME3 DLC missions when I play through ME1, 2 and 3 again someday, hoping BioWare finally has the balls to do what they planned to do from day one: Create the real ending DLC like with ME2, but after all the comotion about DLC, BioWare is scared to make the real ending DLC. That is my theory anyway.

If some people didn't like Mass Effect 3's ending that's understandable, but it's hardly the worst ever. That's just something someone on Facebook shouted and after that everybody jumped on the bandwagon. What really saddens me is the fact that people got so caught up in this shit they failed to notice ME3's other defects, more important ones...

And Saints Row 2 takes place after the ending, but.. As mentioned before, it can be activated early in the game. But I would have to get my XBOX out of the attic to test that theory. And the attic is a terrible mess, so.. I'll just take Mist3457's word for it. ^^

The Corporate Warfare DLC continues SR2's story after the final mission, doesn't matter if it can be activated early.

Mass Effect 3 ending was bad and the game feels rushed. There isn't as much conversation option like the previous game, the decision you made in the previous game didnt really matter even though they claim it will have "big" impact.

Worst part is they made a comic called Mass Effect Invasion that shows you how Omega got taken by Cerberus and the comic ends with a "To Be Continued In Mass Effect 3" but that section of the game being a $7 DLC.

Mass Effect 3 ending was bad and the game feels rushed. There isn't as much conversation option like the previous game, the decision you made in the previous game didnt really matter even though they claim it will have "big" impact.

Worst part is they made a comic called Mass Effect Invasion that shows you how Omega got taken by Cerberus and the comic ends with a "To Be Continued In Mass Effect 3" but that section of the game being a $7 DLC.

Someone who wasn't brainwashed, thank you.

Yeah a lot of people bitched about the ending, much like they did for Mass Effect 3 a few years later. Difference is Fallout 3 fans actually had a good reason to bitch, what good is a sandbox action-RPG if you can't roam freely after beating the game?

Fallout New Vegas.
The free roam was never the biggest issue, it was that the ending was contrived and the situation forced upon you.
It was in fact quite similar in structure to Mass Effect 3's. The difference was Bethesda was humble about the situation whereas Bioware remain arrogant to this day.

If some people didn't like Mass Effect 3's ending that's understandable, but it's hardly the worst ever. That's just something someone on Facebook shouted and after that everybody jumped on the bandwagon. What really saddens me is the fact that people got so caught up in this shit they failed to notice ME3's other defects, more important ones...

You're confusing the people who merely swallowed the EU (which brought nothing but more flimsy justifications and plot holes) and now say ME3 is the best evaar with those who remain highly critical of the game as a whole.
This may shock you, but some of us can blast the ending for being the atrocious crime against fiction that it is and recognise the fact that the whole game was a deeply flawed mess.

The Corporate Warfare DLC continues SR2's story after the final mission, doesn't matter if it can be activated early.

Yes it does. Because it gives no information related to the ending. Corporate Warfare does not require Vogel to be dead, or Eric to be CEO, or for the Saints to be in control of the city.
Any time travel related DLC outside of the simulation would require information only available after beating the game and all the loyalty missions.

Thus, given precedent, there will most likely be no time travel DLC. I'm simply voicing the possibility that people expecting such DLC are setting themselves up for disappointment.

Back